Close #3.5 Ccs

Carlos F. Rivera Pagan

Hello grip people, just want to share an achievement that I made with a lot of training and of course some suffering too. Hope you all enjoy it as I did.

A great demonstration of grip strength! Strong and solid close! :mosher

Carlos ,can you share some of your knowledge that helped you reach at that Elite Level of grip strength?

Excellent, Carlos!

:yikes Hope to see you on the official roster!

Hey Matt!!

that's one of the grippers you calibrated the one that went 178.16 lbs

Carlos ,can you share some of your knowledge that helped you reach at that Elite Level of grip strength?

First and from my point of view the most important aspect of grip strenght is just patience...a lot of patience. I don't know why the grip muscles don't gain strenght at the same rhythm as the other muscles groups, and in order to achieve greater strenght you have to keep training and training and never quit.

I have tried a lot of training methods. KTA is a very good one, but you have to be very disciplined because is a really intense program. I do some overcrushes with a filed and choked #3.5, I close that thing for time, the most I can hold it shut. I have done strapholds with a #3 with a 25 lbs barbell plate for time too. The most work come from the IM grip machine. I do the most reps I can do in 4 sets with as much weight I can move. If I pass my last total poundage I put a extra 5 lbs. Right now I'm working with 355 lbs (barbell plates) not counting the weight of the handle device, wich is about 20 lbs.

I really don't work much on the CC set, I just work in the last 20 mm of the close. My hands are big enough to get good leverage from a CCS, so if a get strong enough in the close position, I can get the whole sweep from a CCS.

Hope this help some.

Nice strong close!:rock

Here for your info. :

http://p2.foorumi.info/rautakoura/viewtopic.php?p=17#17

Matti's cals. take #3.5 from approx. 170-190lbs, so that strikes a nice average in any type.

Certing is, or can be a hit or miss sometimes but then you know this.

Steve Gardener has closed #4s but failed on his cert...and he's about as pro as you can get! ;)

Luv ya Steve. :) x

First and from my point of view the most important aspect of grip strenght is just patience...a lot of patience. I don't know why the grip muscles don't gain strenght at the same rhythm as the other muscles groups, and in order to achieve greater strenght you have to keep training and training and never quit.

I have tried a lot of training methods. KTA is a very good one, but you have to be very disciplined because is a really intense program. I do some overcrushes with a filed and choked #3.5, I close that thing for time, the most I can hold it shut. I have done strapholds with a #3 with a 25 lbs barbell plate for time too. The most work come from the IM grip machine. I do the most reps I can do in 4 sets with as much weight I can move. If I pass my last total poundage I put a extra 5 lbs. Right now I'm working with 355 lbs (barbell plates) not counting the weight of the handle device, wich is about 20 lbs.

I really don't work much on the CC set, I just work in the last 20 mm of the close. My hands are big enough to get good leverage from a CCS, so if a get strong enough in the close position, I can get the whole sweep from a CCS.

Hope this help some.

Thank you Carlos.

Wow! Are you going to certify soon?

Yes, sometime in the first quarter of the next year, want to keep training to make a good certification, a "no doubt about it" certification.

That's a great achievement Carlos, congratulations! No problemo for you so it seems!

Again, this kind of posts are the best motivation one can get to keep on training. All the best.

Very Nice! Not too many people who can duplicate that close with a ccs. I wish you an injury free winter and can't wait to see an addition to the #3.5 roster. Truly amazing!

Hello grip people, just want to share an achievement that I made with a lot of training and of course some suffering too. Hope you all enjoy it as I did.

Strong close and great sound advice :rock I see a 3.5 cert in the future :cool

Wow, very nice! :bow

Big thanks for sharing!

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Carlos,

Great job!!! Best of luck getting certed on 3.5

"I really don't work much on the CC set, I just work in the last 20 mm of the close"

Blasphemy! ;)

Where else did I read this basic same thing. Is anyone paying attention? :) I am pretty darn sure you'll never here Kinney say he "worked the sweep". He was working that close as well.

"I really don't work much on the CC set, I just work in the last 20 mm of the close"

Blasphemy! ;)

Where else did I read this basic same thing. Is anyone paying attention? :) I am pretty darn sure you'll never here Kinney say he "worked the sweep". He was working that close as well.

Ioan Cristian Puscasu said the same after his 3.5 cert. I am nowhere near the strength of these two guys, but I know for sure my gripper workouts have changed!

Edited by FrankD

I really appreciate all your support, I'm glad to be part of this big grip family.