Tom's Tenacious Tear

EricMilfeld

Has anyone else seen the photo of the phone book Tom Black tore LENGTHWISE? It blew my mind. But I can quarter a phone book.

Note: The phone book mentioned above is that of Lukenbach, Tx. (pop. 2 dozen)

I've seen it ;)

I've had a lot of people ask me for advise for ripping phonebooks, and honestly the only thing I can think of is pinch practice. But I must admit that I'm not a very good pincher. Thus, I must conclude that my nail bending somehow helps the phone book ripping. I hardly ever practice the ripping too, I have very few books. The one thing that I do fairly regularly is rip scrap paper. I usually rip 3/4" to 1" of laser type paper. Sometimes I rip old computer books (like old DOS books). I've ripped up to ~1.5" of laser type paper.

I've read a little about the required technique for nail bending and phone book tearing, and have viewed a few pictures as well, but a film clip is what I really need to see...

i can send you a 20 sec bending video of the IM yellow nail with a hand over hand technique if you wish Eric (even if i'm not sure that it would really help you if you don't use this kind of technique :blush ) ?

I spoke too soon. I found the nail bending videos on Big Steel, but can't seem to play them. I probably need my wife's help.

Thnx, amaury. I think it would help me find a technique to begin with. ;)

My wife says Real Player messes up our system when we download it. Darn!

Before ripping old computer books it might be a good idea to check if there is a market for such books. I was looking for _Mastering Turbo Assembler_ a few months ago to discover that used copies were being sold for $120 to $600 . The book originally sold for $45.

I just ripped a good old book! :)

It was called, "Mastering Turbo Assembler". It was in mint condition, and I figured nobody wanted it... so away it ripped!!

:blink

Uh oh. I just made a costly mistake! :laugh:tongue