Durniat Strength Grip Challenge

andurniat

DATE: February 19, 2011

NOVICE This competition is open to anyone within his or her first year of

DEFINITION: competing in a grip sport competition. Athletes who have previously waived their novice status cannot

compete at this event. Veterans of grip will be on hand to help coach the novice athletes.

SIGN-IN: 9:30am

RULES: 9:50am

START: 10:00am

1578 Mechanicsburg Rd.

Wooster, OH 44691

ENTRY FEE: $40

DEADLINE: Postmarked February 1, 2011. Paying on contest day, add $10.

WEIGHT Heavy Weight: >94kg (above 206.8 lbs.)

CLASSES: Light Weight: <94kg (under 206.8 lbs.)

Women’s

EVENTS: Parallel Set Grippers

Max 2 Hands Pinch – euro device

Max Double Overhand Axle Deadlift

Medley ~ 25 objects

Wrist Roller from a tower

SCORING: Grip Sport percentage based scoring will be used.

The best performance in the event is awarded 100 points. All other lifters’ performances are divided

by the best performance and then multiplied by 100 for their score.

For example if Lifter A lifts 350 lbs and this is the best lift in his/her division, he gets 100 points for

his lift. If Lifter B lifts 320 lbs, his score is figured like so: 100 X 320/350 = 91.428.

AWARDS: Prize Package will be awarded to the top three finishers of each class.

MAKE ALL CHECKS/ MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO: Durniat Strength

MAIL ENTRY FORM AND FEE TO:

Andrew Durniat

1154 Mindy Lane, Unit A

Wooster, OH 44691

Edited by ADurniat

For the Wrist Roller Tower, we are welding an attachment to go on top of the Sorinex BaseCamp rack.

Any sponsors pleases send me a PM

Edited by ADurniat

So if I have never competed in a grip comp then I am considered a novice?

So if I have never competed in a grip comp then I am considered a novice?

Yes, but you can choose to waive your novice status if you so choose. Grip Sport Divisions

Are you looking to compete? Would love to have you.

Yes I was thinking that this would be a nice first meet for me to get into competitions. I'm almost positive that I will be able to be there, I'll just have to make sure I can get off work that weekend.

if you need any help let me know. I will see if i can make it up.

Edited by nickr104

I've started to train for this and was wonderin' what the best way to train for the axle would be without a real axle?? Theres a 3 inch bar at my gym that I've trained with for awhile but I didn't know how much carry over this would have or if there was a better way to train.

I've started to train for this and was wonderin' what the best way to train for the axle would be without a real axle?? Theres a 3 inch bar at my gym that I've trained with for awhile but I didn't know how much carry over this would have or if there was a better way to train.

Continuing to work with the 3" bar will definitely help your axle strength. I really only see it affecting you opening weight calculations. Unless you can get a training session on a 2" bar, your warm-up reps on competition day will give you your best guidance.

I look forward to meeting you. Good luck with training.

Continuing to work with the 3" bar will definitely help your axle strength. I really only see it affecting you opening weight calculations. Unless you can get a training session on a 2" bar, your warm-up reps on competition day will give you your best guidance.

I look forward to meeting you. Good luck with training.

I'm actually looking into buying that 2" bar that anson is selling if the shipping doesn't end up being too much. I was also going to ask if you will have some blobs and an Inch DB there to try? I've been wanting to get my hands on those for awhile now and was just hoping you would have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else thinking about doing this contest yet besides me? Just kinda wondering who I would be competing against. Thanks.

I'll be there helping out but not competing. I know Andrew has a few locals that will be there. It will be a great time I'm sure and a real opportunity to learn from one of the best. Andrew is a National Champ - Arnold Mighty Mitts competitor etc etc.

[quote name='ADurniat' timestamp='1292420903' post='497796'

Good advice Andrew

Big Jan, I will be at the contest. I train with Andrew, but belong to another local Gym. There are a bunch of guys from my Gym who are planning to attend. I think this will be A good Novice contest.

Looking forward to seeing you again Chris, Glad you'll be there!

Tom

Their will be a Blob and an Inch here to lift...:)

I have 5 entries in hand, all local people and I know of at least 6 others, locally, who have verbally committed.

It will be a great time and I think we will see some great lifts by some new guys.

Andrew, Just got back from the gym. I took my nail bag down, there is a guy down there that I wanted to see what he could do. He's going to be in the contest.

He has never bent a nail in his life, and he blew through everything including the Iron mind blue nail and a 60D that I had bought.

He tried the red but coud'nt faze it, but geez man he made a lot of bends before hand.

He will in my opinion be a strong competitor for the contest in the heavy div.

Tom

Andrew, Just got back from the gym. I took my nail bag down, there is a guy down there that I wanted to see what he could do. He's going to be in the contest.

He has never bent a nail in his life, and he blew through everything including the Iron mind blue nail and a 60D that I had bought.

He tried the red but coud'nt faze it, but geez man he made a lot of bends before hand.

Tom

Excellent. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom

Excellent. I can't wait.

AWESOME FIND!

Hey Andrew, I think we will have at least a solid 5 for your contest. Still got a couple sitting on the fence.

Thanks fo putting this on for us Newbies!

Grip training is on fire at the house of Iron.

Tom

Its going to be a great time and contest. Thank you Tom for spreading the good word down at the House of Iron.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb. 19 is coming and grip fever is high in the gym and around town.

I will be hosting a grip together this Sunday at 1pm for any and all interested. I will going over the events to new gripsters and refining their technique.

The sponsors list is also growing:

The Gripper Superstore

Diesel Crew

Chris Rice

Todd Coenen

MC Sports

Looking forward to the contest Andrew! Thanks for putting up one for the Novice crew. See you Sunday.

Tom

Notice to any fence sitters: Come to this event. I know you will be well pleased!

Andrew has a great Facility, and has put together a great bunch of events and is bringing in some top Notch guys to help.

If anyone has fun at Andrew's contest, my contest in southern MI is in April.

Very cool holding a novice contest Andrew.