What Can You Bend With...

amaury

What can you bend with the Slim Farman Technique ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What can you bend with the Slim Farman Technique ?

• White nail or equivalent
    • Green nail or equivalent
    • Yellow nail or equivalent
    • Blue nail or equivalent
    • Red nail or equivalent
    • Two red nails or the tower of pisa

The Farman technique is very aesthetic but i find it very tough to bend thick things with that one !

BTW Which technique do you favour (Robert AKA RSW favouring the spike if memory serves) ?

Thankx

Amaury

PS: i prefer the hand over hand style (much much stronger with that one), and am just close to be able to bend the yellow in strict farman style. So i chose the green in my poll :yikes

Should receive my Bag O' Nails today so I dont really have anything to compare too yet. I have bent 40-pennies this way quite easily and also bent a 60-penny this way bracing against my leg. This is the only way I bend-the other ways are to difficult for me :blush

Rick Walker :rock

Edited by Rick Walker

I've just been able to bend 40d nails with the over hand style. I don't think I could do it "spike bending" style because they are so short. I can bend some 1/4 inch HRS of longer lengths but form goes out the window even though its not braced. I've just started bending so I have a ways to go. :D This is good because the journey is a great ride.

-HH

Adam: sorry, my mistake ! But i hope every gripster will address themselves to bending one of these days: it's such fun ! Morover it gained respectability through the first feats of the pioneers of the iron game. In fact every gripster should be already bending steel isn't it ? :D

Oh I'll get to bending eventually. I find that I do best if I stay focused on one thing at a time. Currently I am training to be a CoC. I am very close to achieving this goal. Once I do I am going to focus on pinching. I would like to pinch a pair of 35's this year. If not more. Although that may not be realistic. I got a RT for Christmas and am dying to devote some time to that as well. I would like to pull 180-200 on the RT. After all that I think I will move into bending.

My other reason for putting bending off for so long is that I had a bad pec major tendon tear last year. It still bothers me intermittently. It bothers my tendon just to close the #3 with a chest press. So I think that bending will really aggravate it. So it needs to be back to full before I will enter that arena.

Nice goals Adam !

Hope you manage to be a COC soon. Better let time for injuries to heal indeed.

Rick: don't forget to tell us what nails you managed to bend when you receive your bag'O nails !

Will do! I started KTA Tuesday-so I dont know how much bending I will be doing-I did, however, get some ideas from Terminator on how to do them both.

I have never tried an IronMind colored nail. I have bent a 1/4" 6.75" HRS. Like Adam, bending is not my focus. I am concentrating on grippers right now. I chose the white nail because I know I could bend it. Someday, I'll order a bag!

Alan

Just got my package an hour ago. Yellow nail without bracing-didnt try any thing higher as I know it wouldnt go without the aid of my legs as a brace.

Edited by Rick Walker

I should add that the yellow didnt U- :blush I bent it some-but not completely into a U. Should have clarified that :blush Cant U it without bracing.

Rick you should be able to chest crush it very easily once it is bent enough. And it's perfectly allowed from the moment that you do it above your waist. Check out Tom Black's website for videos.

Being able to bend the yellow off the bag is a good start IMO. :)

You should be able to bend the blue pretty soon !

Amaury

I can barely get the yellow slim style, and even then I am holding the nail close to my body. Can anyone do a 60 penny at arms length? That would look pretty impressive.

Robert

I can bend a 60-penny at arms length, but in my style. My arms a bend a little during the bend, more the natural curve of the arm. Couldn't begin to do it in Farman style.

Please pardon my ignorance... but what exactly is the Slim "The Hammer Man" Farnam style? I am totally unfamiliar with steel bending, which is why I ask.

Sybersnott,

The slim style is just like grabbing the handles of a motor bike, most people find this hard on their elbows. Funny enough, my first bending attempts were done in the spike bending technique, since then I've found I could bend more with "Slim's" style.

BTW, Damn you Rick! Putting a dent in the yellow on your first attempt is impressive!!!

I've yet to master "u"ing the yellow on a consistent basis.

Jon@han

After much grunting and sweating-I U the yellow today-Slim Style-without bracing.

Used the chest crush to finish the job.

This will be my last bend for awhile as I feel some injuries quickly approaching if I keep at it while on KTA! :blink