New Look For My Old 2hp

rico300zx

Hey Euro fans, I did a redesign of my old 2HP, what do you guys think of it? Better or worse?

OLD LOOK

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=9488

NEW LOOK

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=9698

I didnt like my 2hp so I reworked the entire thing. New rubber pads, new 2" X 36" pipe reinforced with rebar and cement and turned down so that my spring colars fit perfectly. Total weight as pictured is 53.11 lbs and the width is 54mm.

Parris

sweeeet!!!

paris,

what are you using for the rubber mats?

Brent,

MikeK gave me two of those interlocking gym mats (extra thick 20mm each), I cut them square then I pressed them in the 2hp and went around with my RotoZip tool and it made a perfect circle (I was actually amazed how nice it cut rubber, I used the sheet rock bit). I had to get a piece of cardboard in the very center and had to roll that flat with a 25#lbr and paint the edges black. Everything came out to 54mm. It dosent compress at all when its snugged up with the colars. My old one was just a 2x12 glued together since the pinch it more than 12"., that gave me 48mm.

Parris

Brent

I need to clarify the ending of my post:

Since the pinch (circles) are longer than 12" I glued a 2x12" and a 2x4" side by side then cut that into a circle. And that gave me 48mm.

Parris

Any idea where Mike K got the mats? I have the American plates that Scott George makes but am just using wood as my filler.

Any idea where Mike K got the mats? I have the American plates that Scott George makes but am just using wood as my filler.

Jeff, he never did tell me.

Parris

Nice job Parris! What are you pulling on it vs the old one?

Russ,

Just the same, the outer disks and the width didn't change.

Parris

I like that!!! Maybe you can make me one :laugh And we can trade up on something? I make alot of awesome pinch grip devices.I live in Middletown,PA