Cleaning Of My Coc Grippers

RichardBean1

Hey guys. I have dedicated most of this past year on my short steel bending and only occasionally working in my grip training, ie. Blob work, plate pinching, grippers, etc. Anyway I am going to be dedicating this next year toward my grip training specifically my CoC grippers. I have been about 1/16" from closing my #2.5 for a long time now and I am only one workout away from closing that gripper. I want to be able to close a #3 MMS within 6 months and CCS within the year.

My question here is do any of you know any ways to keep my grippers in better condition as the knurling is filling with chalk and the springs are getting all stiff and rusty. I am all about working hard at my stiff rugged rusty grippers for trainign purposes but I would like to clean and lube the springs up on them to get a more accurate idea of where I am truly at. Any ideas or suggestions? I am open to all please pass on your experience. The springs are so bad they sqweak at me...LOL!