What Are You Best At?

Eric Roussin

41 members have voted

1. 1. In which type of exercises are you strongest?

• Crushing exercises
    • Pinching exercises
    • Thick Bar exercises

I'm currently much stronger at thick bar exercises, but am working on improving both my crushing and pinching strength.

Crush. My grippers are probably a little too far ahead of any other lifts. I actually thought it was funny that for the upcoming Metroflex, I would have to compete in the pro class because of my gripper close. I'm not even close to the other pro qualifiers. <BR><BR>Grippers certainly interest me the most, however. :cool

Seems to be pinching for me. After just a couple months of training I can already 2hp over 200+ lbs. Grippers have been tough. Although after just a few months of serious training I am right around a #3 CoC. But I've had CoC since 2008, just never really put much effort into them. But with my small a$$ hands.... I'd say I could end up being a pretty decent pincher. :)

Crushing grip for me. Started with grippers 2 months ago and can close #2.5 both hands. Started pinching, have only done it 4 times, and can do 5 second holds on 2x35lb plate one hand pinches. Never done thick bar. I do have a RT on the way.

My pinch grip was decent when I started, crush moved at a much slower rate even though I trained it as often. Doin construction and labor jobs growing up, I was always pinching something to carry it (multiple 2x4's, stacks of plywood half sheets, etc) it was more natural.

no suprise that crush is winning! like most people, I started on the gripper ladder, and it took me a while (too long actually) to understand that crush has little carry-over to the sports I participate in; judo/grappling/armwrestling.

i voted thickbar!

My crush and thickbar aren't too bad but think my pinch wins out at around 30kg blob pinch and 32kg hub style.

Mine was crushing strength for the most part. Although I did at one time pull over 225lbs on an old RT and 380lbs DO on the Axle.