Nerve Damage In Palm

AnimalCage

It seems to have started when I started working out with my PDA 343. My #2 never seemed to bother me. The increased torque of the bottom of the handle in my left palm appears to have hit a nerve. I now get nerve sensation in my palm and along the pinky side of my hand after using the grippers. If you have experienced this, please let me know if you have any tips for alleviating this situation.

Thanks, Alan

Guest Mikael Siversson

I sometimes get something very similar from using the rolling Thunder when I set it in my hand. The only way to avoid your problem might be to set it slightly different I suppose.

Change the way you set the gripper in your hand. How does the handle differ from that of your other gripper? It sounds like the end of the gripper digging into that nerve in your hand. Then when you start increasing the pressure, that's when the problem starts.

Rest, massage, and careful positioning of that gripper! That's what ol' Doc Sybersnott suggests. :D

Alan, I had a similar problem a few years back. No matter what I did when I squeezed on a gripper with my right hand, I would get a tinkling numbness in my pinky. I took some time off from the grippers and worked exclusively with my Ivanko Supergripper which didn't bother the condition whatsoever. A few months later when I came back to the grippers, it felt fine. I've never had a problem since. My recommendation would be to switch to a different crushing exercise that doesn't irritate it.