Shortest Handle Spread

Steel344

What's the purpose of your question ?

COC and BB don't vary so much and they have QUITTE the same handle spread. RB narrow ones vary much more but I think that the distance is always a little bit over a credit card size (54 mm).

I have a CoC 1.5 thats alittle shorter than my other grippers. Its the only one I have and I never really noticed that a gripper can be challenging when the handles are more spread out. For training purposes only I would like to try all kinds of grippers to experiment with them. If someone can tell me more or less the shortest handle spread their is in a CoC I would appreciate it thanks.

Shortest CoC spread is going to be around 2.75". Newer grippers will be closer to 3.00". They don't produce multiple widths. If you find one that is not between 2.75" and 3.00" it's likely an anomoly.

I have the IM Trainer all the way to #3.5. The spreads start at 2.75" on the trainer and was they go to #3 get up to a bit over 3", then the 3.5 is about 2.85". They don't make different widths, just aim for 2.75"-3" I think.

K so I believe that all my grippers are 2.75 except my 1.5 which is alittle short on the handle. I recently had bought a #2 gripper from GSS and he sent me one that should be a 2.75. I was hoping that the handles would be alittle less just like my 1.5 but it was not. I'm basically looking for any gripper thats narrow like my 1.5. Unless Ironmind sent me one that was made improperly that shouldn't be any less. If I may have to I would try to get a picture taken so you all can see.

K so I believe that all my grippers are 2.75 except my 1.5 which is alittle short on the handle. I recently had bought a #2 gripper from GSS and he sent me one that should be a 2.75. I was hoping that the handles would be alittle less just like my 1.5 but it was not. I'm basically looking for any gripper thats narrow like my 1.5. Unless Ironmind sent me one that was made improperly that shouldn't be any less. If I may have to I would try to get a picture taken so you all can see.

Sounds like the #1.5 just isn't a production queen.

If you want a narrow spread gripper you can get them but even with their variations you probably won't get one from Ironmind.

Best go with an RB or BB narrow, I think the Atomgripz naturally have a smallish spread too.

I've only seen one of there grippers before but the cheapo HG grippers seem to be narrow. I have the HG 300 on loan from Mr. Eaton and it has the same spread as my RB 260n.

#1 #1.5, etc, aren't held to the same standard of higher grippers. They aren't anything special, strength wise, therefor they aren't monitored as closely. Waste of time/money.

My #3 is 3", and tough as nails. Still haven't shut it. I'll be bringing it out to a group of pullers that have shut a #3, so we'll see how tough my #3 really is.