#3 Attempt.

2strong

After my CoC workout, I decided to do a serious attempt on my #3...

And here is the pathetic result ( I should be able to get a little closer when I'm "fresh").

CoC #3 attempt

LOL about 5 years of training left, and the gap should be closed ?!? :unsure

Looks good 2strong!! I bet you'll surprise yourself on how quickly you close that gap!!!!
Thanks for the encouraging words ! ...I hope you are right ?? :unsure

I have trained with the CoC's since 11.01.03, and have experienced good gains so far.

I have not put any timeframe on myself to close the #3, the only thing I know is that I will do everything I can to close it :)

Keep on fighting!

Im also this far away on my tough #3.

Keep going strong ! ( I hope we both close it in the "near future" :) ).

Good job dude. My first go at the 3 was 1-1.25", aka 1 mile. Just stay focused!

That's a VERY good first attempt Dag, specially since you've just begun to train your grip. You are much closer than i on my #3 (4/5"), though i'm around this far away on a friend's #3.

And yes, i've finally convinced some french friends around me to train with grippers... It also gave me the opportunity to test other #2s: i was happy to be able to close every 5 of them including mine and felt not a lot of differences between them. The #3's were ALMOST identical except the one belonging to Jérome which was really easier than the others, but still remaining a real challenge.

Train hard,

Amaury.

Grip training is funny. You may be stuck at a plateau for weeks, and then inexplicably make a quantum leap in your progress all in one workout. My first try with my #3 brought the handles 3/8 inch apart, and later the same day I hit 1/4 inch. After being stuck at 1/8 inch for about 4 weeks I amazed myself by closing it one morning after a heavy deadlift workout. All of this progress took place within 6 weeks. If your hands are any indication of your potential, 2strong,(they make mine look like a woman's) you'll close it in no time!

that's a pretty impressive first attempt man. i've been workin with my 3 for a while now and i'm only a hair or two farther than that. great job man

Thanks for the encouraging words guys ! ( It's very motivating ).

PS : I'm not good at taking pictures... the camera is ( like Youngguy all ready have mentioned ).

A tip: turn that gripper around so that the number is in your fingers and NOT disappearing in your palm.

I remember taking a bunch of great closes with my #3. They were beautiful, except for one thing. My palm buried the number, and therefore, you couldn't figure out whether I was closing a #3 or what. :( One roll of film right down the crapper!! :cry:laugh

A tip:  turn that gripper around so that the number is in your fingers and NOT disappearing in your palm.

This is an excellent tip! I took lots of pics with the # buried in the palm.

Thanks ! I will remember that tip when the certification time comes ( in the far... or near future :unsure ).

Heath,

That's an expensive lesson I learned the hard way!! :laugh:laugh

A tip: turn that gripper around so that the number is in your fingers and NOT disappearing in your palm.

How do I do this with a double stamped gripper? :D

BC.

On a double-stamped gripper, it really doesn't matter. However, I would have the clearer stamped handle in my fingers.

The gripper used on the picture is a double stamped one...

So I have to improve my photo technique :blush

2strong,

Don't forget to put the dog ear handle in your palm, for easier closing. That would be the side of the spring which is less symetrically curved.

Edited by eric milfeld

2strong,

Don't forget to put the dog leg handle in your palm, for easier closing. That would be the side of the spring which is less symetrically curved.

Thanks for the tip... I wasn't aware of that.