Double #45 Hub Lift

Malice

I had a great day today at WSH in Tucson! I managed big PR's in all 3 events and even a couple PR's in lifts other than those being contested. One was a 303 lb. Axle deadlift which was my first time doing the axle with more than just super light weight. This was after the competition so my hands were smoked.

Then came the double #45 hub lift. This was using Aaron Corcorran's 2 York 45's of which I was only able to get maybe an inch or so of air last time I tried them 2 months ago. This time they went up super easy. First I tried righty and it went up like a feather and when I was going to try it lefty Tim Struse said here just do a double and brought over the 2nd plate. I'm glad he did :mosher

Awesome dude! Made it look easy.

Thanks brother! I was totally amazed at how easy they went up. I could have held them quite a bit longer but didn't want to wear my hands out for the competition since it was during warm up.

Was that 35's?

You made that look easy Russ!

Way to go my friend! :mosher

Thanks guys!

Strong! And how's your injured hand doing?

Surprisingly I only felt a twinge in the hand a couple times and it was with the wrist developer and when I almost closed Aarons #2 with 2 fingers. I'm not going to push my luck any further though and go back to total rest with the right.

Ok! Good news. Any news on your certification date from IM?

The last email they sent said to contact them closer to the last WSH contest and they will set up my witness then. I'll give it another couple weeks and depending on what the doc says about my hand I'll either go forward with it or postpone it.

Oh, i'm sorry, I asked that question before in your workout log! Sorry man, but maybe things could have changed :whistel

Well, last thing you wrote is that you can close your #3 almost every time now CCS. That's a good thing, the certification will come

in time. I've also decided to start a workout log from now on, I've got good hope to close the #3 also CCS this year. From there I'll start conditioning and the request for certification. So I hope 2011 has a good beginning! I'm sure you'll be certified by then. You've done the work, so that's not the problem!

Edited by Geralt

You made that look super easy. It's one of my goals in a few weeks when I head back to J. Eaton's. I've only tried it once ever, the left hand was not up to the task.