Filming A Close

AlexR

want to start recording my closes,and get a 3 close MMS down.I don't have a digital camcorder,and my phone camera is rubbish.What do most people use?

Seen a few vids that were not too clear,and I want no doubt on my closes,so how good a camera do I need?

Weird post,I know but if anyone can help me out on what they use,it would help a lot :)

want to start recording my closes,and get a 3 close MMS down.I don't have a digital camcorder,and my phone camera is rubbish.What do most people use?

Seen a few vids that were not too clear,and I want no doubt on my closes,so how good a camera do I need?

Weird post,I know but if anyone can help me out on what they use,it would help a lot :)

I used a webcam for my MM0.

I though a webcam,but wasnt too sure what the quality would be like.I don't own one,so could borrow one and give it a go.

I use my digital camera.

I have a digital SLR but it does not have a video function.I have been browsing the net looking at cheap cameras but the quality varies so much.I am going to borrow a webcam and have a go with that,if I can use the laptop,I can film it in the bathroom,as I believe this is the best place to film gripper closes ;)

If you wanted to buy a camcorder one of those small flash drive camcorders would suffice. They take those small SD cards, only hold up to 16GB, but they are small, portable and cheap. Roughly $100USD.

If you wanted to buy a camcorder one of those small flash drive camcorders would suffice. They take those small SD cards, only hold up to 16GB, but they are small, portable and cheap. Roughly $100USD.

Thanks to be honest I had only looked at mid quality stuff,thinking anything lower could not be clear enough,youtube is full of blurry videos.

Will take a look at the cheaper stuff.

I use my digital camera. It has a macro setting for video that takes a clear video from about 6-12 inches away. Otherwise it's blurry. The macro setting doesn't handle movement as well, however. But I can usually get a good still even if my hand was shaking around. It's a Canon PowerShot SD750 and there are newer versions available. Inexpensive camera and does a good job.

I do wish it had one feature and that is the ability to focus during a video. It only has a fixed focus. Once you start the video, that's it.

I think if you spent about $150 on a nice digital camera that would be plenty. Canon of Nikon seem to have the best close up features. Most do have the macro feature for close ups. Another idea which has not been mentioned here, but you might already know about, is to use a dark crayon and fill in the lettering on the bottom of the CoC (or any grippers) handle. This allows the camera to focus a little better and the numbers show up better on replay.

Thanks for all the advice.I am going to attempt to film a MMS 3 close this weekend.

Thanks for all the advice.I am going to attempt to film a MMS 3 close this weekend.

Try a few clips with a very light gripper just to get the feel without wasting energy, once you've sorted the whole spacial awareness thing and ironed out any niggles( setting hand obscuring set, hand and gripper wandering of camera) then you'll be better set for getting a good #3 close on vid.

Try a few clips with a very light gripper just to get the feel without wasting energy, once you've sorted the whole spacial awareness thing and ironed out any niggles( setting hand obscuring set, hand and gripper wandering of camera) then you'll be better set for getting a good #3 close on vid.

This is the best advise there is for capturing a vid.

I didn't notice it said yet on this thread but typically a bathroom will have the best lighting as well.

Thanks.Will get practising,Saturday.

Good luck on that practice on your closes :)

Thanks.Will get practising,Saturday.

Good luck on that practice on your closes :)

Thanks.

Borrowed a web cam,had a few goes,but the light was too low when I got home from work.Its tricky keeping the hand in shot after the set,but I think by the weekend I will have a MMS COC 3 vid sorted :)