Inch Dumbbell Lift

Eric Roussin

I received the Inch Dumbbell I ordered today. I was able to successfully lift it to an upright position on my first attempt with my right. I was able to get it off the ground with my left, but I didn't have enough control to stand up straight. I know there's been talk of how the Rolling Thunder compares with the Inch. In my experience, I think you need to be able to lift in the 210-215 range with an old Rolling Thunder handle in order to lift the Inch.

**Moderator Edit - The Inch Dumbbell Lift is considered a World Class lift and so it must be accompanied with a video. Once the video is provided, this topic will be opened again. Please send the link to jedd.diesel@gmail.com and I will re-open the post. Thank You.

**Moderator Edit - Eric just sent me a video of him deadlifting the inch, so this thread will now be re-opened. Thank you for the cooperation.

Awesome job in lifting your inch replica. I have attempted it could not even budge it. I can wrap my hand all the way around the damn handle so my fingers are touching but just dont have enough open hand crush to lift it. Very impressive lift to have under your belt!

Eric, that's one of the best deadlifts with the Inch I've seen so far!! How about doing Your Blob in the left hand at the same time??

My buddy Florian and I wondered what Devon Larratt can do with the Inch. I'm sure he could manhandle it but it would be cool to see it. Please give him the dumbbell so he can play with it and don't forget to tape this stuff! Would be great if You could do this for me. I'm always searching armwrestlers who can lift the Inch but I'm here in Germany so Devon is not around the corner...

Devon's away for the next couple of weeks, but the next time I see him I'll try to tape him lifting the Inch. I know he tried to lift it before, at this year's Arnold Classic. One of the exhibitors had an Inch on hand and was offering some type of prize to anyone who could lift it. Devon went over and easily picked it up. The funny thing is that the exhibitor didn't even have a prize ready because he didn't think anyone would be able to pick it up! I think Devon did eventually get something, though.

I only just bought the Blob a couple of weeks ago and can't lift it yet, but I am making good progress.

Very solid lift! :rock

Devon's away for the next couple of weeks, but the next time I see him I'll try to tape him lifting the Inch. I know he tried to lift it before, at this year's Arnold Classic. One of the exhibitors had an Inch on hand and was offering some type of prize to anyone who could lift it. Devon went over and easily picked it up. The funny thing is that the exhibitor didn't even have a prize ready because he didn't think anyone would be able to pick it up! I think Devon did eventually get something, though.

I only just bought the Blob a couple of weeks ago and can't lift it yet, but I am making good progress.

Thanks for the infos, Eric! I wasn't aware that he already lifted the Inch! But by watching his videos from "IN THE HOOK" it really wasn't the question if he could lift it but what freaky stuff he could do with it! A clean, cheat curl or something like this comes to my mind!

I'm really looking forward to watch an Inch video of You and Devon!

Good luck with the Blob. I'm sure You'll lift it soon! Then You should do the Blob-Inch lift which is, beside the double Inch lift, the best classic grip feat!

I get my inch tomorrow,can't wait.I have no thoughts on being able to lift it,but training is going well,so one can always hope.Your lift and hold is one to aspire too.

Super strong and nice level lift Eric! Have you tried a high pull or clean yet?

I still have some work to do before I can do a high pull or a clean. I'd be more interested in trying a farmer's walk with two Inch dumbbells some day.

I still have some work to do before I can do a high pull or a clean. I'd be more interested in trying a farmer's walk with two Inch dumbbells some day.

That's the right attitude!! :mosher Good luck and please let us know when You succeed!! :mosher

Awesome strength, bro! :rock:rock:rock

wow! ... I take from some of the talk in this thread that you are an armwrestler? ... can you tell us about some of your training?

congrats! very strong!

Aside from weekly armwrestling practice and standard upper body exercices, I've made a lot of tendon strength gains over the years through a variety of heavy static holds (mostly exercises targeting the wrist or the bicep lock). I also do quite a bit of thick bar work.

Great lift Eric!!!!!!!! I met Devon at the Arnolds and he has ET fingers. After meeting him I told a few friends that I'd love to see what would happen if he got interested in thickbar stuff; looks like I may get my wish :mosher .