Overtraining Or Just A Bad Day.

AlexR

I think I have been doing a little too much,been training hard 6 days a week,after nailing the 3 close.Last couple of days my grip strength is way down,I am struggling with the 2.5.Time to ease off I think,a few days off.

Eagerness can be a burden sometimes ;) Anyone else find themselves getting carried away after finally nailing a goal gripper.

Yup it has happened to me I finally nailed the #2 close while I was on rrbt. After I was finished with the brutal routine I took a whole month off. Sometimes you have to listen to your body, if its telling you that if you need a break then take it.

I have not been following a routine as such,not yet anyway.Just training grip any chance I get,it worked,but need to slow down.

I like to take a whole week off every 2 months or so to let my body and cns get a break. I always come back stronger. I do this not only with grip but any strength or bodybuilding training. I find I'm usually really motivated to start hitting it again after the break too.

I hear ya. It's tough not to pick up that gripper and give it a squeeze, especially right after you conquer it. But as it's been said, you gotta listen to your body. I'm new to grippers and in the beginning I found myself carrying them all over the place. Now I force myself not to take them to work just so I make sure I get my rest. I feel great today but I had already told myself to wait until tomorrow because my Friday workout was a big one. I think that's another issue with grippers, it's hard to gauge your freshness without just doing a workout. The muscles don't ache like legs, etc.

Just to buy time until tomorrow's planned workout of max climbing then heavy grippers, I tried bending for the first time. 3/16" round CR is butter but the next step at the store is 1/4" round HR which doesn't want to move. Bending ain't no joke. But I think it served, and could continue while I focus on grippers, it's purpose to give me something to do on a gripper rest day. Maybe you need some rest day distraction routine?

x2 what Russ said. If you train hard throw in an extra long break every now and then. If you train not-so hard I find the break needs to be shorter or else it's too long a rest.

Depends on how long you been doing it. I could cycle in rest days otherwise Neural dumbness might hit for what your body is used to.

Trouble with my training at the moment is,I had scheduled to start a routine but didn't as I closed my goal gripper before I started,and sort of got carried away,and wanted give myself time to set myself new goals.I just went for it training like the world was gonna end :laugh

Little rest,and start again.

So much for a rest :whistel Just been doing some 5 reps and strap holds on the Vulcan.Oh well,felt good tonight,must have been a low period.

Well my overtaining may have just been a couple of off days,had a great workout today,closed the 3 twice,so I am getting more consistent in my closes,onwards and upwards :mosher

Well my overtaining may have just been a couple of off days,had a great workout today,closed the 3 twice,so I am getting more consistent in my closes,onwards and upwards :mosher

Good job brother!

Thanks man :)

Every attempt on the 3 now is a close,except for couple of times.I try to limit the attempts to every few days,otherwise I just get obsessed with closing it :laugh

Glad to hear, you blasted through those off days to get back at your #3 :phone

Glad to hear, you blasted through those off days to get back at your #3 :phone

Thanks man,I may have been just feeling a little sorry for myself,as I had been pushing myself a lot.The mind plays all sorts of games to get you to sit on the couch :laugh