Hey Guys

Rick Walker

I figured it was time to get back on here. I have made some good progress in the last few months-using a program that incorperates training 6 days a week-alternating crushing on one day and pinching on the other.

I am closing the #3 on a regular basis with my right hand. I am struggling to set it right in my left but I am still 1mm or less away.

I am using my PDA 387 for strap holds now as well.

I have been training wide pinch for 2 weeks now and I am up to 57.5 pounds suspended from a brick-I grip it flat at its widest point. I am trying to get to the level of pinching an anvil :yikes

I am pinching 2-35s 10 pounds. Only 10 more to go and I will have the 45s. This will most likely take 6 or more months. I have been progressing slow and steady on it.

I have also taken up tearing cards. I am adding 1 card a week (starting at 8 :blush ) and tearing them as many times as possible-all the way down to less than a hlef inch size chunk of the 8 cards. Hope to be able to easily tear decks and corners off in a years time.

My next training tool witll be a modified BBSE to hlep me work towards closing the BBE and a Gripanator. I see a whole new realm of possibilities arising with this tool.

I am still using the Atlas to train the thumbs and I am seeing great progress. They are constantly sore and worked-so it must be doing something!! I think it is really boosting my pinch strength.

Well-thats about it. I am back at college getting my teaching degree for Health and Phys. Ed. so I am pretty busy. I go to school, study, eat, and train.

Thanks for listening.

Rick Walker :rock

Nice job with the #3 Rick !!! :happy

Still using your modified BBE ?

I would like to take up tearing cards too but bending nails taxes so much my left thumb and forefinger that i don't see how i could possibly integrate it in my training. :(

Amaury.

Wannagrip-

I pinch it like one would a TTK. I do it 2 different ways. The first way is on Tuesday. I Place my fingers straight on one side (the stationary handle) and place my thumb on the handle that moves. When I pinch the handles together it is like pinching plates. I make sure to work the full range of motion and I do 3 sets of 6 followed by 2 timed holds adding 1.25 pounds every 3 seconds into the hold until it prys my hand open.

On day 2-Saturday-I use a grip like one would use to light a lighter or do a card hold. This way only the thumb us working. Same rep set as above.

Amaury-

Yes-I am still using the Mod. BBE once a week for 3 sets of overcrushes. It is at the point of being slightly harder then my #3 so I can just close it with the right and I have to cheat it closed with my left. It is getting REALLY hard to pull washers.

Edited by Rick Walker

Here is what my routine looks like:

Tuesday

1. Atlas work for thumb

2. Brick pinch- 3 sets of holds. Try to add 1.25 pounds a week.

3. Card tearing

Wednesday

1. Overcrushes with the Mod. BBE-3 sets

2. Full range movements with my hand reversed into the Atlas (so fingers move the moveable handles)- 3 sets of 3.

Thursday

1. Plate pinch- 3 sets of timed holds ( I try to add 1.25 pounds a week)

2. Brick pinch- 3 sets of timed holds

3. Card tearing

Friday

1. Strap holds with PDA 387- 3 sets

2. Secret Weapon timed holds- 3 sets

Saturday

1. Atlas work for thumb

2. Brick pinch

3. Card Tearing

Sunday

1. Overcrushes with PDA 387- 3 sets (will use #3 when I can)

2. Atlas holds- 3 sets with 100 pounds

3. Atlas full range movement- 3 sets of 3.

Monday

REST

I am looking forward to the Gripanator. Also-when I can get some Outer Limit Loops I am going to add them into my crushing workouts at the end.

I was working wrists as well but I was too beat up come the end of the week and I was starting to have constant aches in my hands. Now that I have cut out the thcik wrist roller and levering hammers-my hands are recovering better. I will birng the wrist work back in in a few months.

Rick walker :rock

Rick,

Your program sounds great and seems to be working fantastic for you! Have you read Brookfield's new book yet? I think you'd get a kick out of using the health balls as he reccomends in your spare time ;) And who knows it might just help your recovery.

I was working up to pinching 2x35 10 but I've got a little too much on my grip plate at the moment so for the past few weeks I've only handled the 35's on their own sucessfully.

Jon@han

Rick,

Are you still squatting, and if so... what's your routine on that? I squat to build overall body strength, hoping that this translates into grip strength. Also, what's the weight your using on the SW?

:rock

Oh yeah-I am still squatting. I have a tattoo of a squatter on my left arm so it would out of character to not squat :tongue

I was doing some dino training-bottom ups, 5X5s, and lockouts. I will be starting Westside system again though. I have some unfinished buisness in powerlifting-totaling ELITE. I want to do it at the 198s-1731.

I am holding 100 or so pounds on the SW.