History/ Feat Help. Mr. Roark?

bseedot

Just saw this on another board...

"According to Fred Hatfield aka Dr.Squat, Bill Kazmaier once pinched three 45s in each hand and walked across the gym. Kazmaier is an incredible man but this sounds impossible, what's your thoughts?"

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

BC.

Saw that post myself. I say no way. As good as Clayton was at pinching, wide stuff too, he had some trouble pulling 3 45's with both hands. Hand size would have to be huge I would think.

Brian

I think this has been mentioned in a previous post somewhere? I could be wrong though :blush.

3 45's with both hands sounds like an interesting challange though :)

This was mentioned in the past. I posted on Doc's board after this was discussed asking him to clarify that it was in fact 3-45 lb plates. He claims that it was. I think he must be mistaken and maybe it was 2-45's.

Its bull.

I also see one scholar over there posted that no one has lifted the Inch Dumbbell on the gripboard.

:laugh

Utter poppycock!!! :angry:

Not even Richard Sorin has done that. Kaz has a good grip, but not that good. :dry

I think this has been thoroughly hashed over before. Just for s@%ts and giggles I pinched 3 45's with two hands tonight because I had never tried it and it was relatively easy but not something anyone will be doing one handed any time soon.

I think this has been thoroughly hashed over before. Just for s@%ts and giggles I pinched 3 45's with two hands tonight because I had never tried it and it was relatively easy but not something anyone will be doing one handed any time soon.

But...but...but...Wade...the almighty Dr. Squat said it was true!

:laugh

Perhaps the Q-Ray bracelet had something to do with it :rock

:whacked:whacked

Just make sure you wear it when you are zigging and zagging your diet.

Don't forget, speed kills.

Wait, that's not right.

:tongue

Although Rick Walker doesn't post here, actually he is reading this thread right now as I type this, I think he set the record straight in fine style on that forum.

Cool. I thought that it was 'B', as in B, 'S', as in S, but knew that people here would know more certainly. I'd never heard the claim before for some reason. Pinching three 45's with two hands? Well, it's nice to know that I can at least match Wade in one exercise. :D

BC.

Yup, Rick did the board proud. :rock

I just read that thread over on doc's board. It made my stomach turn. I think I'll go throw up now.

Hey Wanna, you didn't have to go and cut on the zig-zag diet?! :tongue Have you ever tried it? I've had good results with such a plan. I'm curious about your experiences?

I had to set the record straight. The feats accomplished by the members of this board are AMAZING and mere mortals cant comprehend this because they haven't trained OR tried these lifts.

Ahhh, the world is full of people who sould have ended up stains.

Rick Walker :rock

I couldn't let this rest without some further experimentation. I notice that David Hornes massive 130 pinch at the British contest was done with a fixed apparatus - no force is needed to keep the plates together. I figured I would try this out with 3 35's to see how it went. I cracked them off the ground about 4 inches and that was it. I have a big thumb and a fairly big hand but this kind of width on sharp edge plates is about impossible. I do think I could train to do 3 35's in this manner but doing it without the bar in the middle would be another story. Since it tears the crap out of my thumb I don't think I will be training this much. BTW, immediately after my 3 attempts I went over to my blob and easily picked it up left and right. In other words, if you can't do a 50 pound blob forget about 3 35's with a center post. As for 3 45's...I can confidently say it never happened and will never happen in my lifetime.

Guest Mikael Siversson

David did 143lbs at the comp and has done 148.5lbs in practice. I was once told that there was a guy who could pinch three 25 kg plates! Someone then actually asked the guy about it he said he had not even tried the feat.

I figured I would try this out with 3 35's to see how it went. I cracked them off the ground about 4 inches and that was it. I have a big thumb and a fairly big hand but this kind of width on sharp edge plates is about impossible. I do think I could train to do 3 35's in this manner but doing it without the bar in the middle would be another story. BTW, immediately after my 3 attempts I went over to my blob and easily picked it up left and right.

:bow:bow:bow

BTW Heath, on the latest video, the way you settle the gripper indicates HUGE thumb strength. How do you train your thumbs and what are your accomplishments ?

Thankx !

Amaury.

I use the spring clamp, and mess with blobs. I still can't pinch 45's, but I haven't tried too hard. I hate gripping that close, it feels totally unnatural. Plus, I think wide pinching has much more carryover to other work. I have lifted the Inch, the 50lb hex, and the 50lb York righty. Lefty, I have just cracked the hex off the ground, got the Inch up about mid-shin or so, and lifted Bob's Blob. It's 50lbs, but more narrow. It looks like a big asprin tablet. My thumb strength is still lagging I think.

I use the spring clamp, and mess with blobs. I still can't pinch 45's, but I haven't tried too hard.

That's interesting Heath. I couldn't lift 2 20's for a long time after first lifting the blob. It came after a few weeks of trying but I know what you mean about them still feeling narrow. My narrow pinch is very average.

have you tried 3 x 25lbs plates?

have you tried 3 x 25lbs plates?

Nope, I've not tried that yet. That is probably over my head.