More Do Practice.

MANTHOS

My two latest DO bends. Any comment would be much appreciated to help me correct and improve my DO technique.

One square piece 1/4' x 6'':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKH4Bk3uS5A

One square piece 1/4' x 5'':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1_clZ849E

Thanks for watching. :cool

Edited by MANTHOS

Strong Sguare bending D.O Manthos. Square bending is pretty tuff stuff to bend good bending.

Nice bends! Your technique looked good for the most part, but here is the only thing I would do a little different:

When you're kinking that bar, your elbows and the bar are pointing almost at an upward angle. Try kinking the bar the same way,but with the ends of the bar and your elbows pointing down at almost a 45 deg. angle to the ground. With your elbows down lower like that, your lats and lower core can really help out more with the bend. Also, that wrap material looks really thin leather. Now you dont want 1/4'' thick leather, but with leather that thin, it gets really stretchy. That might be taking some of the power out of your hits on that bar. I dunno what country you are located in, but if you can get Tandy leather, that would be like night and day compared to what you're currently using. Jo Ann fabric stores, as well as Michaels craft stores sell it, and you would want the "suede trim piece". It measures something like 12''x8.5'', and you just cut it in half longways to make one set of wraps. Buy like three if you can. FBBC carries good leather too. When you get new wraps, chalk the wee out of em' and leave tham wrapped super tight around a bar for a couple days. Pretty soon thay will conform to the bar and be awesome. :mosher Hope this helped.

Foxy<><

Strong Sguare bending D.O Manthos. Square bending is pretty tuff stuff to bend good bending.

Thank you Rickns!

Nice bends! Your technique looked good for the most part, but here is the only thing I would do a little different:

When you're kinking that bar, your elbows and the bar are pointing almost at an upward angle. Try kinking the bar the same way,but with the ends of the bar and your elbows pointing down at almost a 45 deg. angle to the ground. With your elbows down lower like that, your lats and lower core can really help out more with the bend. Also, that wrap material looks really thin leather. Now you dont want 1/4'' thick leather, but with leather that thin, it gets really stretchy. That might be taking some of the power out of your hits on that bar. I dunno what country you are located in, but if you can get Tandy leather, that would be like night and day compared to what you're currently using. Jo Ann fabric stores, as well as Michaels craft stores sell it, and you would want the "suede trim piece". It measures something like 12''x8.5'', and you just cut it in half longways to make one set of wraps. Buy like three if you can. FBBC carries good leather too. When you get new wraps, chalk the wee out of em' and leave tham wrapped super tight around a bar for a couple days. Pretty soon thay will conform to the bar and be awesome. :mosher Hope this helped.

Foxy<><

Foxman thank you for all this information. It is my 3rd DO session and I can use any help and advice to understand this technique better. As for the pads I ordered a pair of IMPs and a pair of suede pads from David Horne and I'm sure they will make a difference. You see I live in Greece and they only way to get the right stuff is by mail. Thank you again for the advice and all the information...much appreciated!

Great bends buddy! Kinda scary on how those wraps have holes in them though! I might wait to bend again till I get the imp's and suede Manthos, last thing you need is a bar in your hand!

During the kink and sweep I could tell that you used the last index knuckle (the one closest to the fingertip) as the fulcrom. Don't do that. It will put your wrists in a weak position and actually put your elbows in a harmful position.

Instead try to use the second knuckle as a fulcrom. That will rotate your hands so instead of your palms facing away from you, it will face towards you. And that way it will put you in a stronger position for your wrists and you'll be able to transfer alot more power into the bar.

This does require just a tad more flexability and for some this takes some work and stretching before they can utilize this handpositioning to its fullest.

Foxy<><

Foxman thank you for all this information. It is my 3rd DO session and I can use any help and advice to understand this technique better. As for the pads I ordered a pair of IMPs and a pair of suede pads from David Horne and I'm sure they will make a difference. You see I live in Greece and they only way to get the right stuff is by mail. Thank you again for the advice and all the information...much appreciated!

Here is a link to Tandy's web site.My link You could call them and clarify that you wanted the "suede" one. Just a thought, though with the intl. shipping, it might be a bit pricey.

Great bends buddy! Kinda scary on how those wraps have holes in them though! I might wait to bend again till I get the imp's and suede Manthos, last thing you need is a bar in your hand!

Thanks Chris! I wanted to wait but I couldn't... :rolleyes:whistel

During the kink and sweep I could tell that you used the last index knuckle (the one closest to the fingertip) as the fulcrom. Don't do that. It will put your wrists in a weak position and actually put your elbows in a harmful position.

Instead try to use the second knuckle as a fulcrom. That will rotate your hands so instead of your palms facing away from you, it will face towards you. And that way it will put you in a stronger position for your wrists and you'll be able to transfer alot more power into the bar.

This does require just a tad more flexability and for some this takes some work and stretching before they can utilize this handpositioning to its fullest.

Thank you for the advice David!

Foxy<><

Here is a link to Tandy's web site.My link You could call them and clarify that you wanted the "suede" one. Just a thought, though with the intl. shipping, it might be a bit pricey.

I'll check it out Foxman...thanks again!