Grip Pictures

strongmitts

I conquered the truck stop grip tester. I tried this thing a while back and couldn't top it out. I maxed it out with authority here recently. I was pumped up!

http://pub18.bravenet.com/photocenter/view...rnum=1524886064

45lb hub pinch left hand

& right, I tried a right and left 45 lb hub pinch simultaneously and it wouldn't go. I pulled them very easily separate, but two hands at once was a different story. I'll get them both together soon.

Hanging out with Brad Gillingham at USAPL Women's Nationals. What a nice guy! He said his dad is making another run at the #4. I hope he gets it! This picture doesn't do the hand size justice, must be the angle. My hands are a little over seven inches from wrist line to tip of middle finger. His hands were much bigger. He said Wade's thumb is much longer than his.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I saw the G-Rex in one of your pictures, how do you like it? (I assume a lot!) :D:D

-HH

Hammerhead, I have really enjoyed the G-Rex. A great piece to work the hands in many different ways. I heated up the base of the bottom 3/4" handle and bent it upward so it closes up like a gripper (as suggested by someone here). The pinching flanges and 1" parallel bars are great. I like the 1" bars to handle some heavy weight and work the sweep. Here recently I found a new use, you can wedge the handles of a gripper between the 1" bars and deadlift it up to close or season a gripper. I was trying to see if I could make the handles touch on my #4. It was tough, but I did it. I swear, I have to have the hardest #4 ever. This thing is just sick hard. :D

cool pics ! :D

I swear, I have to have the hardest #4 ever. This thing is just sick hard.

On my #4 the spring is set well below the handles (it's insane !). I can't imagine a human close this thing :mellow

Strongmitts!

That's a really neat grip machine you found at a truck stop?

BTW I've got myself an Ivanko Supergripper thanks to your post and other's. It's great!

Jon@han

Thanks for the cool show and tell! It's always nice to associate a face with an avatar.

Jonathan, I saw that grip tester at a truck stop not far from my grandparents house. It is right on the way home and I saw it when I stopped to get gas. Now I guess I've have to stop and get gas there everytime. :D Glad you enjoy the supergripper. I think it is a excellent piece of equipment. How's progress coming with it? Here lately I have been using mine for last two finger closes.

Eric, thanks, I always enjoy looking at pictures of other peoples feats on the board. It always gets motivated to some grip pics.

StrongMitts,

When I first got the ISG I overdid it and fried my grip. Now I train with it after my Coc work. Eg. if I'm working with the #1 I'll set the ISG @148 for some more work after. I also like it alot for negatives!!

Jon@han

That grip tester is similar to one I broke. If you have a good grip you can beat that machine every time. ;)