Kaz Forearms

ChrisJames

I believe Bill Kazmaiers wrist measured in at about 8.5 inches and his forearm at just over 18 inches straight !!

Is this the best on record ?

Incredible or what :bow:bow

I believe that the famous bobybuilder Casey Viator had similar measures. I don't know how much was his wrist but it looks very impressive and his forearm at the age of 50 was 18 inches.

amaury,

Just because somebody has big, vein-choked forearms does not mean their forearms and hands are strong. There is a guy at my gym who has some of the largest and most shredded forearms I have ever seen, and he is only about 5'6" tall. I gave him my #1 to try, and he barely got it to parallel. He was very surprised, since he takes such great pride in the size of his forearms, and brags how strong they are. He has been kind of quiet lately after this..........

I suspect this will have been printed rather than fact. Another huge forearmed bodybuilder supposed 16" plus was Gunner Robbso (? sp) and also Chuck Sipes. Mine are about the same as Chris's and measure a fraction (the right one does anyway) under 15 inches. But I'm tall. Anything over 15 on 5'6 inches - 5'10 inches is massive.

Re the pumped etc. There is a guy or 2 in my gym like that and I piss all over them in the grip strength department. I suspect it has to do with 1) training and 2) fibre type (ie slow or fast twitch).

Yes Sipes had big forearms too but not as big as Viator or Kaz i think. Though he was pretty good at bending which means for sure that it was functional mass :bow

15" begins to be pretty impressive for forearms (it's the size of my arms :tongue ), congrats !

Edited by amaury

I think this has been mentioned before - I doubt Kaz's forearms were anywhere near 18", at least not with arm outstretched - maybe crooked...

They WERE impressive, however....

There is another thread about forearms and a pic of an armwrestler flexing. I don't remember what his name is however the size was amazing. If you want to see it just search forearms.

-HH

Did the search. His name is Bill Ballinger. Huge forearms.

Sorry don't know how to set up a link to it, but its easy to find.

-HH

I'm sure Willoughby(sp) measured Kaz's forearms and he was pretty strict.

When i did a little lifting with Kaz , he was pretty impressive all round in build, but his forearms just blew me away , they were huge.This was around 1989 just after he came back from Tenerife in the WSM.He was around 320 lbs at the time i think.

Guys,

Just an observation. This entire thread makes a great case for rule #5 and for why Joe Roark seems to press so hard for details sometimes. We've got Viator at age 50 weighing about 210, Oliva at who knows how old probably weighing 220 and others all claiming or allowing others to claim for them measurementts that should be laughable. And it's getting printed again in this forum. In fact it's been printed so many times that it is now being passed on as fact.

From my perspective there are two ways you can look at this (actually 3 but the third won't happen). First Kaz is about 320, which gives him a weight to height ratio of over 4.0, a figure none of the bodybuilders mentioned even come close to. They also don't come close to his weight. So how are we to assume their forearms are the same size or bigger?

A second train of thought is that although many bodybuilders regularly claim arms of 23" plus, less than a handful have been measured at 20". That's an exaggeration of 15%. Well, take 15% off their claimed forearm measurement and you are probably closer to reality.

Or here's a really novel idea. Get one of these wannabe's to consent to being publicly measured and photographed with the tape measure in place.

Mark

To add my 2 cents. My friend is a natural bodybuilder and his forearms look great-big-veiny-the works. The sad part is he can't close a #1, pinch 2-25s, or even put a kink in a 40-penny nail.

I also know a guy (James Smith-the guy John from PDA fashioned the bar for) that has HUGE forearms. I bet they push 17 inches cold! He told me he is a good half inch or more from the #3.

Size doesnt = strength.

Rick Walker :rock

Forearm size doesn't = strength, and neither does hand size. It feel stupid typing this because we've all read these words written by Brookfield.

It's the training, and mental toughness that lets one achieve his potential.

-HH

To add my 2 cents. My friend is a natural bodybuilder and his forearms look great-big-veiny-the works. The sad part is he can't close a #1, pinch 2-25s, or even put a kink in a 40-penny nail.

Sad?

Strength probably does not equal the goal of a every natutral bodybuilder.