What Forearm Exercises Can I Do, In The Same Routine?

Somerandomdude

Assuming I'm working the muscles to the point where they can't do any more (I wouldn't call it failure, but I frequently have great difficulty filling in my workout log afterwards 'cause my forearms want to die).

The only forearm specific exercises I'm doing at the moment are wrist curls and reverse curls. Although my grip also gets some work from haulling around dumbbells and using a pull up bar.

Truthfully I've never understood what muscles do what in my forearms, so I've got no idea if there's anything in there I'm leaving unworked.

In addition to all of this, are there any muscle balance issues I should be aware of?

Currently my wrist curl is about twice as strong as my reverse curl, which as far as I know is what I should try to keep it at. I've heard actual gripping of stuff is necessary for not causing an imbalance, but I don't know why or even if that's true, but I've been assuming that the aforementioned hanging onto dumbbells and pull up bars will suffice, but perhaps I need to break out a gripper or at least pinch grip something once in a while?

I know I may seem a little over concerned about balance but I'm working these things HARD (and they're already quite developed) and I will be for a long time, so yeah, balance is important.

I'm not training to close grippers or do anything in particular, I just want my forearms to get a lot stronger.

You don't NEED to do grippers and pinch... unless you want to get better at grippers and pinch. Depends what your goals are. Wrist curls and reverse wrist curls in conjunction with general training are probably all you need for forearm development. Hammer levers to train radial and ulnar deviation, and also supination / rotation exercises, wrist roller and nail bending are other options you could try. I would probably only do one of these in a given workout, but if you want to do more, go for it and if it works, keep doing it, if it doesn't, don't!