What Is Everyone Shooting For On The 2hp Event?

rico300zx

The Two Hands Pinch has quickly becoming my favorite hand strength lift. So I was wondering what is everyone here trying for in the 2HP event @ the "World's Strongest Hands" 2010 series?

OK well even if you cant get to one of the venues Y not try at home anyway, just to see where you would end up at the very least.

Please share workout tip if youd like, Im curious what works for others to build up to competition strength. Lord only knows I need some help here. :)

Thanks guys

~Parris

200 lbs.

There's a NEW Mighty Joe in the making!

Got some health issues taken care of. Now

the sky is the limit.

Watch out folks!!! ;)

Edited by Mighty Joe

I would like a contest PR is all - trying to be a realist - so anything over 103.2K or 227.5# would make me happy. I've had a few very good training lifts lately (for me of course) - we shall see.

Wow looks like the top 50 list is really going to change!

Guest Bullitt

Wow looks like the top 50 list is really going to change!

Being realistic: 200 on 2HP, Whatever is around a red on the reverse bend thingy, and whatever is around an easy Elite on the Vulcan. That should keep me out of the cellar. My biggest worry is that I have never tried the Vulcan or the reverse bend apparatus so i have no idea where I would come in. I'll either totally bomb out or leave a lot on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Please share workout tip if youd like, Im curious what works for others to build up to competition strength.

Variety works for me. I did a crapload of different stuff to build up for the record last year. If you do the same thing two workouts in a row and you don't get better, then you go do the same thing again, you are kidding yourself.

Please share workout tip if youd like, Im curious what works for others to build up to competition strength.

Variety works for me. I did a crapload of different stuff to build up for the record last year. If you do the same thing two workouts in a row and you don't get better, then you go do the same thing again, you are kidding yourself.

I have wayched some of your workouts on u tube. I must say that you do a lot of variety, way to go.

Rico

• 2 weeks later...

I have wayched some of your workouts on u tube. I must say that you do a lot of variety, way to go.

Rico

Are you coming up this weekend for the World Strongest hands contest?

I'd be fine with a PR. Anything over 160 will be a victory (and an over body weight lift) :)

That would be a nice feat, someone asked about this a while ago and there weren't too many who had done over bodyweight.

I'd be fine with a PR. Anything over 160 will be a victory (and an over body weight lift) :)

That would be a nice feat, someone asked about this a while ago and there weren't too many who had done over bodyweight.

Bodyweight Pinch Lift

Do here is what I have so far - if you have or know for sure someone has (or I just missed someone) - please let me know so I can add your name to the list.

David Horne, England 115.0k PHMGC, 5 Apr 2008. B/W 100k.

Dave Thorton, USA 106.3k GGC 2009

Nick McKinless, England 102.6k WCPC 2007** (101.8k CC 2005)

Chris Rice, USA 102.6k GC 2008

Eric Milfeld, USA 101.8k SoHGC 2009

Matti Heiskanen, Finland 96.5k at Voimapuoti Gym in Helsinki, 8 Sept 2008. B/W 94kg.

Josh Dale, USA 96.16k Gripmas 2010

Frank Henritzi, Germany 92.5k SGC VII 2008

Bob Sundin, USA 90.71k Gripmas 2010

Tommy Heslep, USA 90.7k GGC 2005*

Kevin Perrone, USA 89.6k GGC 2006

Mikael Siversson, Sweden 88.5k AGC 2006

Mark Martin-Dye, England 72.56k 18th BHSAGC, 8 May 2010.

This is from David Horne's site - it needs updated but it is a short list. I hope to see you on the list!

Edited by climber511

Rico

Are you coming up this weekend for the World Strongest hands contest?

Jedd

I would love to but I don't have a sitter for the kids and I can't bring them with, not allowed.

Parris

Cool. Just trying to see who will be here. Maybe next time.

I asked you in another thread too, before I saw your response. Sorry about that.

Jedd

I asked you in another thread too, before I saw your response. Sorry about that.

Jedd

Jedd

I feel really awful about it all, because I really like the comrodry of having things in common with everyone. I really envy all the guys that can show up to everything, I just don't know how they pull it off but i m glad for them though because I know the time will come for me.

Parris

Jedd

Jedd

I feel really awful about it all, because I really like the comrodry of having things in common with everyone. I really envy all the guys that can show up to everything, I just don't know how they pull it off but i m glad for them though because I know the time will come for me.

Parris

It's a lot easier without kids of your own. Not sure how much I will be traveling going forward with my daughter here now.

Sometimes, ya gotta sacrifice and make stuff happen though.

Jedd

I'll be driving 9 hours Friday - competing on Sat and driving 9 hours Sunday. See ya there Parris!

I'll be driving 9 hours Friday - competing on Sat and driving 9 hours Sunday. See ya there Parris!

Its not the drive its the wife and kids I can't seem to get a free day away from :(

Parris

Approach the situation with a giving hand.

Offer to watch the kids for a day so your wife can go out and enjoy herself and then see if she will return the favor, at least for GGC since you are qualified for Nationals.

Or...

Load em' all up and go. I will be riding 6 deep, 2 in diapers and on the bottle, to Nationals. I wont be competing, just helping Jedder out because these things are tough to do alone!

We try to do everything together. Get the wife and kids involved, then they understand what all the training is for and you might get a little sympathy.

You never know. :happy

Of course, some dudes like the time away. I am the opposite, I love having my wife and kids with me all the time. Luckily for me, my kids all ride well.