Giving Do Bending A Try

Shoggoth

Well after Jedd's article on the "chicken wing" I decided to give DO bending a try as it'd never felt right to me before. Last week I did a gr 5 in the middle of my gr5 reverse bending and it went okay. Today I tried (and did) a gr8 after ripping 2, ~2,000 page phone books. The second one was a real fight. It was hot and humid and pumped the hell outta my forearms.

Anyways, here's the bend. Please critique away icon_e_smile.gif

Very nice bend Jason! Especially for only a 2nd DO bend! You're going to go very far if you pursue DO.

No one will probably have the exact same form but one thing I did notice is you started good and then you dropped your hands too low and you might need to adjust your hand position it kind looked like your hands were in the position that you would be holding onto a set of handlebars when they need to be turned out a little. Hope that helps some.

Very nice bend Jason! Especially for only a 2nd DO bend! You're going to go very far if you pursue DO.

Thanks Ben! I could never find the flexability or the groove before with this to even make it worthwhile to pursue but like I said that article of Jedd's jogged something and I gave it another shot. I'm glad I did. I think I may wrap up a red just to see what happens to it tomorrow :-)

No one will probably have the exact same form but one thing I did notice is you started good and then you dropped your hands too low and you might need to adjust your hand position it kind looked like your hands were in the position that you would be holding onto a set of handlebars when they need to be turned out a little. Hope that helps some.

Thanks buddy! Any suggestions are welcome and are sure to help me. Probably noticed me fumbling around quite a bit due to me not being familiar with how to do anything. Usually I can shave substantial amounts of time off of these feat type things once I get them once or twice and I'm hoping for the same here.

Very good job !!

Thanks Joefrey!

Good job staying with the bend.Those grade 8 bolts are tough little bugers.They are fun to bend.Nice D.O bending for being only your 2 nd time doing it.You will find your groove with this bending technique.Stay healthy and good luck with your future bending.

Good job staying with the bend.Those grade 8 bolts are tough little bugers.They are fun to bend.Nice D.O bending for being only your 2 nd time doing it.You will find your groove with this bending technique.Stay healthy and good luck with your future bending.

Thanks Rick! I knew it would go I just needed to find the right spot. I think I had it under 2" a lot sooner to but it didn't look like it so I just kept hitting it but I don't think I moved it during the last couple of minutes. Springy as hell. It'd fold up then bounce right back as soon as I'd let off.

Well I gave a red a go today when I got home from work. I thought it might be kinda nice to have my 3rd DO attempt be killing a red but it was not in the cards. Wobbled it about 13 degrees though. I think with a couple of days rest I might be able to finish it and maybe do one all the way through in a couple of weeks........maybe :whistel

35390_411775673375_528893375_4416758_913578_n.jpg

Edited by Shoggoth

Yesterdays wobble to 13 degrees. It's messy and long :blush

Holy cow Jason, 4th DO bend and you destroyed the Red!!! How long was the bend? The video was too long apparently and I can't view it. That's badass to the extreme though.

Holy cow Jason, 4th DO bend and you destroyed the Red!!! How long was the bend? The video was too long apparently and I can't view it. That's badass to the extreme though.

Here's the death Ben and thanks a ton buddy!

Edited by Shoggoth

Hahaha!! It's only steel Mike. It'll all bend to our will!!

Guest Bullitt

Hahaha!! It's only steel Mike. It'll all bend to our will!!

Yea, well I just can't believe how quickly you got to where you are on DO. It took me months to get to where i could kill a red. Very impressive!

Thanks Mike! I'm a little surprised myself. I'm pretty happy to have a folded up red and gr8 for my collection. I'm giving myself a couple of recoup days then I'll try one again. Until then I'll just keep RGing a bunch of gr5's and maybe try a gr8.

Thanks Manthos! Tried some more DO today and did a grade 8 in 3 hits and a red in 3:30 minutes. I'm pretty happy with the progress that's been happening. :-)

Great job Jason! I'm waiting for your Red nail cert bro...go for it!! :mosher

Thanks Manthos! Someday I'll go for it. I'm not to sure what we'd have for IM witnesses around here. I'm going to try my IM wraps on the red and gr8 next time I try as well.

Explosive improvements !!

Nice job Jason !! :mosher

Thanks Joefrey! I think I'm just doing one of those things that's coming naturally with this. DO bending never did feel good so I never bothered with it, now it feels as natural as my RG after only doing it a few times. I'm pretty happy about that :-)