Gripper Closes Pics

Tou

I am going for certificatin this sunday but I have yet to get a good pic of the #3 closed. I have taken over 130 but none is good enough.

I owuld like if any of you could give me some tips on how to take a good pic, one that shows the # clearly. What are the best conditions ?(lighting, distance camera-gripper, zoom or not, flash or not, etc...)

I took 10 pics yesterday with a digital camera and they're all fuzzy.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

I hope that I can make it on Friday. Mikael Siversson is my witness. When I took pictures of Mikael's CoC closing I got far the best pictures outside and without flash.

I would take the photo out doors but use fill il flash not full flash,as flash is about 1 20,000ths more than fast enough to freeze anythin,thats if your camera has fill flsh,if not use red eue reduction flash on your digy camera,this will have a similar effect,but not to strong to blast out the 3# logo on the end of the gripper. :D

Hope the coc certification goes well :cool

Tou, a bunch of us gave you tips. Did you follow them at all? Who the heck is taking these pics? Is it the same person?!

If so, I would say dump the person as your photographer. It's not that difficult, especially when you are holding it for 20 seconds! My goodness, you could probably take it yourself with your other hand!

My goodness, you could probably take it yourself with your other hand!

I've actually done that, it's not so bad except I had to crane my neck very far away to get into focus.

Find someone with a decent camera, and pack the number with chalk.

I took 10 pics yesterday with a digital camera and they're all fuzzy.

Did you have macro mode turned on? If it was turned off and you were holding the camera close to the gripper, odds are you'll get fuzzy pictures.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I had the best luck with a digital camera with it set on auto focus. You have to hold it closed about 10 seconds for it to get focused, but it took a good picture.

We borrowed our friend's digital camera and took the shot on a sunny day in our garage, with the flash off, from about three feet away. The "three" was visible on only one of the handles, with its bottom portion being rather difficut to see; but it was good enough for Iron Mind. My wife got it on the first shot, and it's a good thing, too. I'm good for about three closes only.