Number Meaning.

MANTHOS

I bought a plastic sachet with 10 nails in it for my first bends( :yikes :yikes ) and the label had 2 numbers: 6.4 and 180. The second number indicates the lenght in mms (smart guy :sleep) and I thought that the first number is for the thickness, 6.4mm! :unsure Of course that is not right and I'm very very sorry for my previous topic... :blush :blush :blush

So, the 6.4 is 6 for hardness and 4 for the flexibility and if not what does it mean???...and is it the same for bolts? I bought a few, 3.5mm thick-140mm long and at the head it writes 8.8. Please help... :help :help

I bought a plastic sachet with 10 nails in it for my first bends( :yikes :yikes ) and the label had 2 numbers: 6.4 and 180. The second number indicates the lenght in mms (smart guy :sleep) and I thought that the first number is for the thickness, 6.4mm! :unsure Of course that is not right and I'm very very sorry for my previous topic... :blush :blush :blush

So, the 6.4 is 6 for hardness and 4 for the flexibility and if not what does it mean???...and is it the same for bolts? I bought a few, 3.5mm thick-140mm long and at the head it writes 8.8. Please help... :help :help

1"= 25.4mm so 1/4"= 6.35mm which is , when rounded up 6.4mm.

Now think that one through again! ;)

8.8 is the euro equivalent of grade 5.

1"= 25.4mm so 1/4"= 6.35mm which is , when rounded up 6.4mm.

Now think that one through again! ;)

8.8 is the euro equivalent of grade 5.

Thank you my friend for your reply! I measured the nail with a calliper and it's 3.5mm(9/64) or 3.9mm(5/32), I don't remember well. So the 6.4 on the label must indicates something else.

Thanks for the info about the 8.8...and I though it was a grade 8 bolt... :rolleyes:whistel