Red Nail

ChrisJames

Amaury,

I did post this before last year about bending the nail the Holle boys sent me.I gave the nail to David Horne for his strength museum collection, so i no longer have it.If i can get another nail i'll try to bend it and borrow a camera to take a photo of it.

Sorry for getting the topic closed , my father posted and did not realise the out come of telling the truth of what he saw.

Just wondering if a picture of John Brookfields bent red nail as been posted ??

Chris,

Did you manage to U-shape the Red? I recall you writing that you bent it to 90-degrees. Also, was this an unbraced bend? Regardless it is a pretty amazing feat.

Robert

Chris, something as important as claiming to bend the Red nail needs to be documented more than a picture of the finished product. It's how it got that way that's important.

Also, ends gotta be parallel for a full bend.....unbraced, unbraced et al...

Hello Terminator and RSW,

I didn't manage to bend it into a u shape more like a tricep bar on a lat pull down machine , like obtuse v shape.I did not brace my hands on anything.I did remember bruising my hands on it though.

John Brookfield is amazing :bow

I also am curious about Brookfield. Has a photo of his bend appeared anywhere?

Of course, as terminator said, a photo of a bent nail proves not how, only THAT, it was bent.

You guys at that level are scary. In a good way. :D

Unlike the grippers or picking up an Inch, etc. merely showing a bent nail proves nothing. I guess we never thought of this instance when making rule 5, except video should cover it. A picture will not. There's the bracing issue which is very significant when it comes to an all-time best. :)

Oldguy, i'm sure you can also produce pics of what your famous weight-gainer made to you and how it turned the old bag you were a few monthes ago in a dashing twenty year old boy (this last pic being a black and white though :D ).

Just kidding :tongue:tongue

I'm a looooooooong way from being a decent bender, but a with a 90 degree bend, it is time to turn and crush it.......

Yes, I don’t have my protractor handy but most of my bends I crush down from about 120-degrees or less. If I get stuck on a bend its usually at 135-degrees (i.e., it’s bent 45-degrees), but if I can get it to 120-degrees I can finish it off. When I get a bar to 90-degrees its history, I don’t think I’ve ever failed to finish one off after getting it to 90-degrees. Even going to a box of unsuccessful bends, not one of them is to 90-degrees, they are 135-degrees bent even less. Of course, I’ve never bent a red either! Maybe Chris simply didn’t know the technique for the crushdown.

Tom,

I met Georges Christen last year when I visited Luxembourg. I can assure you that he was an extreemly good bender. I can send you the same type nail he used under his recordbreaking (368 in one hour) if you are interested. I'm not suprised if he can bend the Red nail.

Thanks for the offer Arne, but I have so many different types of nails now I don't see the point other than to see if I could bend what he could bend, but at this stage I think I could bend any 60-penny now with the nominal dimensions of 6"x1/4".

No thats the same one and the only one i have tried Wannagrip,as i said it bruised my hand,its a bloody awful invention !!

I have not a clue about any ttechnique on bending Tom but i have now read some of your excellent articles on it, your bending is incredible.

I showed David Horne avideo of me doing some one hand cleans with 242 lb and one hand swings with 170 i informed him that i was up to 200 on the swings now and was hoping for 300 soon on the one hand clean.I was feeling quite pleased with myself until David told me that was the worst technique that he ever saw :( !!

David very kindly sent some information on a better way to do it (i am not dropping under the weight at all , just pulling it straight up without a dip) so i am trying to do it with a dip (keep falling over though :blink ).

I will now start to try Tom's bending techniques also and between Tom's twisting and bending and Davids swinging and dipping , i will try my hardest not to get tied in knots :cry:cry:)

Heck, why not contact Strossen and ask for a witness to officially see you bend the red? My guess he would even provide the nails.

I've already done that but thanks anyway Wannagrip.

Cool! What did he say?

Was he going to set up a witness for you and send some nails to them?