Ironmind Blue Nail...

amaury

I've Ued my first Ironmind Blue Nail and offcourse, i'm quite happy :D .

I first started bending nails two monthes ago and started training with grippers around 9 monthes ago...but i can only close the #2 for 3 reps and am 3/4" away from closing the #3.

Thus i tend to think that bending the Blue nail may not be more difficult than closing the #2 (on average) ? If so what kind of nail would be comparable to the #3 in terms of difficulty ?

What is your opinion ?

Amaury.

cool !!

well done!

your progress has been really impressive.

I would say that the #3 nail would be between the blue and the red nail in difficulty.

As for the grippers, nails require quite some technique and some getting used to (at least that's how it felt with me)

what technique did you use? the farman technique?

train hard

david

Hi David,

thanks! I used your technique to give the first bend and then finished Farman style. I can't even completely bend the yellow with the Farman technique, but hope to do it soon.

I think too that the #3 nail would have to be between the blue and the red, but would it be closer to the blue or closer to the red (i'll send you one BTW if you wish) that is the question ?

Amaury.

PS: I'll shoot you an e-mail for the full account :D

IMHO, closer to the Blue. The Red is out of this world, I think a greater feat than the #4.

I think a LEGITIMATE bend of the Red Nail is certainly in the neighborhood of the #4, maybe harder.

While we're on the subject, a legitimate bend is one without any type of bracing, no leg involvement, and must take place above the waist. Bracing a Red Nail and bending it is a dandy, fun little thing to do, but doesn't count as legitimate.

Anyone who claims to "bend" a Red Nail :whistel better damn sure be ready to back it up. Usually these claims end up being as empty as Al Capone's vaults.

I imagine there will be a list, and I'm hoping to be the first one on the list. Hats off if someone else gets there LEGITIMATELY ahead of me. When I first realized I wanted to go after this beast, I asked for clear rules that consitute a legitimate bend. These rules were set by John Brookfield and communicated to me by Randy Strossen. I requested they go one step further, by supplying nails for the official bend directly to the witness to prevent tampering or substitution.

There will be no doubt WHEN, not IF I do this.

Yeah Pat, off course: above the waist and with no bracing ;).

But there's another factor i'm afraid: time. It took me around 2 mns to bend the blue : so is my bend "legitimate" (i should have thought about it before my first post maybe)? Is there a time limit ?

Sorry for the naive questions...

BTW I was sure you had already bent the red some way or another... :tongue

No mention of a time limit. Max effort bends sometimes take a while. As long as the form is always observed by the witness to be legitimate it shouldn't matter. :D

Can anyone here crushdown a Red nail? I know strongman mentioned his training partner tearing some tendons trying to crush down a Red. I figure that even if I could bend a Red now I am not strong enough to crush it down.

Robert

Amaury!!!!

Way to go!!!!! Seems the progression from closing the #2 gripper to closing the #4 would be similar to the strength differences of the blue vs the red nail...just my two cents.

Jon@han

Piece of cake.....sorry rule #5.

I'll take some VIDEO.

Looking forward to seeing it. Also, how strong do you need to be for the crushdown of the Red? I can currently bench ~350lb, and OHP ~250.

Thanks,

Robert

Looking forward to seeing it. Also, how strong do you need to be for the crushdown of the Red? I can currently bench ~350lb, and OHP ~250.

Thanks,

Robert

Good question? I don't know. It's difficult to correlate lifting strength with bending strength. That old tendon vs. muscle debate. Big thick nails fight you the whole way.......plus there's the pain factor.

Pat

Looking forward to the video :cool

Bending the red nail without any leg bracing has to be one of the greatest feats of pure strength ever :bow