York 50 Lb. Blobs Available

bseedot

Just yesterday I located, and purchased, more York 100 lb. dumbbells. If anyone wants a 50 lb. Blob, $35 plus the cost of shipping. You can get an estimate of the shipping cost at the UPS website. My zip code is 55345.

I've got plenty so you can buy one for a friend too. No one deserves to be Blobless! :D

BC.

Just yesterday I located, and purchased, more York 100 lb. dumbbells. If anyone wants a 50 lb. Blob, $35 plus the cost of shipping. You can get an estimate of the shipping cost at the UPS website. My zip code is 55345.

I've got plenty so you can buy one for a friend too. No one deserves to be Blobless! :D

BC.

This is awesome that you are doing this Brian. I got one from Brian and I again thank you!

Brian

Anychance of putting one aside for me,and when you next come over to the uk,bring it with you,i will send you the money upfront if you want.

If not i will have one anyway and find out what the shipping cost will be,it will still be worth it :cool

Did you ever get the tape i sent you sorted out :D If not i will see if i can get a copy made onto NtSC,so you can view it :D

Thanks Bill. My calling in life has apparently revealed itself :) I walked into a sporting goods store yesterday and saw four 100 pound Yorks just sitting there on the floor.

Gary, no problem setting one aside for you. I have nine remaining so consider one yours if you want it. I don't think that I'll be able to afford the trip to England this year. I'll eMail you in a bit and we can figure something out. I never was able to get the tape to work in any of the VCR's over here but we can talk more about that later too.

As my blade gets duller and duller, cutting these things gets to be a better and better grip and upper body workout. Now that's progression at its best! :D

BC.

bseedot,

That is a very generous offer! I'm tempted but the shipping and dollar exchange is just too painful for me :(

At least for something that I probably won't be able to train with for some time. 35lb hex blocks are plenty for me at the moment.

I hope some of the grippers in the US will take full advantage of your generosity!!! :rock

Jon@han

Thanks Jonathan. I should also mention too, to everyone, that there are plenty of 30 and 35 pound blobs that I can get too. These weights are great warmups for me now. Tossing them in the air and pinch catching them with the opposite hand, as described in Brookfield's first book, is truly brutal and is the best thumb exercise I've ever done. I would say that a pincher of any caliber would find these tosses with a 35 to be very hard work. The explosive pinching power required is awesome. These lighter blobs are also good for just passing from hand to hand or around the body.

Anyway, they're also available and the 30's and 35's could be purchased more cheaply as they weigh much less- lower shipping charges too.

BC.

I've picked up some lighter blobs. I think I've cleaned out my Twin Cities area of blobs now- all the salespeople were asking me if I was opening a gym. :)

25's- $18

30's- $21

35's- $25

40's- $28

50's- $35

Plus shipping. Of course, the lighter blobs will also cost considerably less to ship than the 50's.

Now I'm not trying to push a sale here (I'm quite certain that I'll survive whether you guys want these or not) but I do want to stress the practicality of these ligther blobs, which is why I picked them up. The Blob (the 50) is a great novelty item but it will be of little practical use to most of us, at least at the start. It is extremely important to get a thorough warm-up before picking up heavier blobs. I would say that you should have a good warm-up even to attempt the 40 unless your hands are quite large. The extreme open position of the hand at these heavier blob weights puts your hand in a very vulnerable position if not properly warmed up, and caution should be used even when properly warmed up.

The lighter ones are also the most practical ones with which to do passes from hand to hand, hand-offs around the body, overhand tosses, etc. I will :bow to anyone who can overhand toss and catch a 50. Wade, you listening? :)

Anyway, now you know what I have. They'll be here until they aren't here anymore...

BC.