Rule #5, Grippers And Strossen

amaury

It recently came to my mind. Imagine someone closes the #4. If he posts it on the board he would obviously have to post photos too (according to rule #5), but wouldn't R. Strosssen be bothered with that(photos of the #4 closure on the board before than in MILO) ?

In fact i thought: maybe Heath (or another one chasing the #4 off course) has already closed the #4 but doesn't want to post it on the board (maybe because he can't do it consistently for the moment and so can't get certified or just doesn't want to have PBS with R.Strossen etc. ).

What's the mods opinion about that ? What would happen ?

Thanks,

Amaury.

(though not a mod, a thought):

This of course causes one to wonder why these matters

are not presented on Randy's own website- why wait for

MILO to present the newest accomplishments?

This is a unique situation. Does any other manufacturer

care that someone sets records on its equipment and then announces it before the manufacturer can announce it? In fact, does Randy really care- do we know

that he does? Certainly he features the new Captains in

MILO, but is it troublesome to him that the fact of the

accomplishment was announced before it can be so featured?

Mob's MB lift was announced here before it came out in his own magazine. David Horne has announced contest

results here before they came out in his magazine.

Frankly, if Heath, that wimp, closes the #4, I'd like to know as soon as possible- I'm not getting any younger! :tongue

Joe, if I am lucky enough to close this crazy thing, you will be one of the few to know. i am sorry about being a wimp, I am working on correcting that........ :bow:bow

I would make no announcement if I closed the 4.

What must be understood is that on the continuum of

publicity seeking, Heath is at one end and Mobster at

the other end. Both men are correct in their stances for their own ego types- one is not better than the other,

though one is more subdued than the other.

I cannot speak for Heath, but I suspect that when he is

able to close the #4 anytime (like he can the #3 now) is

when it will become public knowledge. That is, he will want NO DOUBT that he can accomplish it whenever he

is challenged, or whenever he feels the urge.

Do not read into this post that he has closed a #4.

When Heath closes the #4 and it could well be soon, he will make no announcement. He is truly modest. We will however soon hear about it from others who have seen him do it. This inspite of him trying to keep it quiet! ;)

This should not be an issue. Most would tell Strossen first and he would then ask no one tells so everyone can wait 3 months or more to find out! :whacked

Kinney closed it beginning of January 1998. The issue didn't come out until the first weeks in March of 1998!

correction, Kinney closed it in mid-November 1997 ( without pics ) and with pics on January 10, 1998...it's been over 5 years since that beast has closed it without someone duplicating the feat...certainly there will be others that will close the 4 and probably before this year is out- but I truely believe that no one and I mean no one will top Kinney's feat of closing it within 2 years of total trainning nor will they be as light as he :bow