Training For Blob50

Malice

I recently got a 45lb blob as well as a Blob50. When I first got the 45lb'er I was able to lift it a couple inches without chalk twice then haven't been able to budge it single handed since. The Blob50 I can't even budge 2 handed so I figure it's time to start training pinch. For a newb to pinch would it be better to start off with 2hp or just go right with one hand pinch?

I was putting chalk on my hands to 1hp 3-10's and my 3 year old daughter wanted some chalk on her hands too. Then I lifted the 3-10's and she turned right around and humbled me by picking up one of my smooth sided standard 10's with one hand and said "daddy look at me" and held it for about 15 seconds before putting it down and picking it up with the other hand and holding it about the same time :trout Hmmmmm...I guess gymnastics classes are helping her grip a lot.

Maybe I'll pick up a 10lb York Legacy db and make her a couple 5lb baby blobs :mosher

Ok update...I don't know why I couldn't lift the Blob50 with both hands before but now I can and hold it for about 30 seconds. I've been doing that for a pinch workout today. I think I'll add the 2hp on the Blob50 as part of my pinch workout so I get used to the wide grip. I'll have to get a strap so I can start adding weight to it.