Inch Or Millennium Dumbbell

"D"

All the commotion about these dumbbells have piqued my interest. I'm wondering if anybody in, or near Baltimore, MD has one. I'm dying to try it and I'm pretty sure I could at least lift the inch. I've got a trap bar with 2" grips and I've gotten pretty strong with that, but I know one handed lifting is much different. I have little experience with one hand deadlifting, but I noticed that the bar has a tendency to roll out of your hands. Does this happen with the inch too?

So how about it? Anyone interested in giving me a crack at your inch or MDB?

I'm pretty sure I could at least lift the inch.

Maybe, if you have really large hands. Inch himself took years of training to lift the 'bell. Try getting hold of a 2.47" diameter dumbell handle and see what you can do. If I can work up to 172lb. on my PDA handle, I will order an Inch replica pronto.

If I do buy one you are welcome to come up to NYC and give it a try.

Robert

I'm pretty sure I could at least lift the inch

Trap bar grips?

There's absolutely no correlation whatsoever.

Its true i'm afraid. Of course you could prove us wrong... The truth is that those here who have tried a solid bell, thick or otherwise, and a bell with a rolling or moving handle will tell u that theres a whole world of difference.

Buy or make yourself a thick handle and pile it on (the weight). There are posts here on that, some training and those - like wanna - who are training for the Inch.

Wrong, Tou. Many have made an issue of the width of the Inch handle; it didn't bother me (even though I didn't lift it), and it certainly didn't seem to bother Mark Henry. Also, the Inch rep has a different "feel" to it then having a PDA Inch rep.

Heck, I might just order me one of those Inch reps and take it about the country trying to find dudes who think that they have the "right stuff" to lift the bell! ;)

And when Snott succeeds in lifting it, might I suggest the new moniker "Sir Snott, Master of the 2.47 incher" :bow:bow

As posted in another thread, I was humbled this weekend by a 200lb dumbbell (with a 2" grip) at the York Barbell Museum, but I was able to lift another bell that had limited width to put your hand. [The 200lb bell at the museum had plenty of room for your hands.] In fact, I think that helped because when I gripped it my hands pushed against the inner sides of the bell, possibly making it easier to lift.