European's Crazy Geroge

fightertrainer

Go here and see Pascal style

http://www.bracciodiferroitalia.it/

click on

VIDEO - Pascal-Szasz 2005

As a student of the game, I am very intrigued by the style that used by Pascal, George and the Russian guy that injured Engin's arm. YOu simply can't beat it with flat hand sidepressure. Szar is a big strongman but he couldn't move Pascal's arm. Dall' Anthony of Cananda beat George in 2 ways: Supination and last match with pronation. After george thumb was trapped, his action caused the hand to pronated. That in turn isolated his thumb tendon at the wrist, and he couldn't apply his power at all and was beaten quite easily. I strongly believe that the way to beat this style is either wiht supination or pronation of the hand. Pascal arm when in that position was like in rowing position (almost straight) most competitors when seeing that, they would think they are close to winning. The truth is far from that if one uses a flat hand approach. Engin who is a amazing sidepressure AWer couldn't do it w/o breaking himself. Allen Fisher, Klemba, Simon B. , Cobra...couldn't neither. Every move, no matter how weird it is, always has a counter move.

• 1 month later...

That style is based on rotator strenght, to beat it, you gotta have a better rotator... Crazy George has the sickes rotator i have ever seen !!

That style is based on rotator strenght, to beat it, you gotta have a better rotator... Crazy George has the sickes rotator i have ever seen !!

In my opinion, to beat a strong rotator, you don't need a strong rotator, but a strong wrist flexor. The wrist flexor fights against the rotator, not rotator against rotator.

In my opinion, to beat a strong rotator, you don't need a strong rotator, but a strong wrist flexor. The wrist flexor fights against the rotator, not rotator against rotator.

And a FAST reaction time to get your flexor on their rotator before your hand opens up. Strong fingers don't hurt either.

IMO, neither of these guys has a strong rotators. They have a disability that is actually an advantage in our sport. There arms don't extend straight and they both simply drop there bodies so when there arms are as straight as they go they are not pinned. I myself have an arm that is not straight. If I lay my triceps flat on the elbow pad and straighten my arm, it it still 7 inches above the pin pad. I have personally compared my arm to both George and Pascal. Their arms are more bent than mine. Look closely at the body position of George when he stops a top level armwrestler. He has move to the left and dropped his body. That is as straight as his arm goes. I will admit that Pascal truly tries to hit straight back but look at his position when in a death match. He is dropped under the table and his arm is as straight as it goes.

But when someone does have a strong pronator/rotators. You are both correct an how to deal with it.

Edited by bob brown

Bob, if someone was strong enough, would these guy's arms just break? I mean if George gets locked out on David Randle and David goes to shoulder roll him, is it going to break/tear? Also, do you think your arm has gotten stronger with every tear even though the ROM has decreased or do you think each tear has made you weaker and more likely to reinjure?

Thanks,

Josh

Each tear has made the joint weaker. This is what I just had operated on. To have a new MCL put in.

What actually keeps the joint from straightening is the Socket membrane that surrounds the entire joint. I have been told that this membrane is stronger than bone. SO....will it break. I don't know. I guess with enough pressure anything will break.

When I extend my arm to the end and then have someone push down on it. It is very painful. Pascal has told me his is also painful. I can only assume that George has gotten used to the pain or doesn't have it. George made a comment on ARMTV when he was talking about the UFC style fighting he is doing now. He said, "He would never tap out, know matter how much pain".

I am sure they are both strong guys but to think that they can hold up the absolute elite in our sport at age 60 is ridiculous. Look at his facial expression when pulling Roman after the Arnold. Once he stopped him, it was if he wasn't even trying. Look, I like George very much and I really don't mind that he wins. It just drives me nuts when people go on about how incredible his stopping power is and in incredible endurance.

When I extend my arm to the end and then have someone push down on it. It is very painful. Pascal has told me his is also painful. I can only assume that George has gotten used to the pain or doesn't have it. George made a comment on ARMTV when he was talking about the UFC style fighting he is doing now. He said, "He would never tap out, know matter how much pain".

I am sure they are both strong guys but to think that they can hold up the absolute elite in our sport at age 60 is ridiculous. Look at his facial expression when pulling Roman after the Arnold. Once he stopped him, it was if he wasn't even trying. Look, I like George very much and I really don't mind that he wins. It just drives me nuts when people go on about how incredible his stopping power is and in incredible endurance.

All I can say is that Pascal told me too that is very painful when Rustam starts with his hook...

It's true... also Michael Todd has that "disability" but he pull in a very different way that all of you know better than me.

The Funny part is that Creazy George still has an incredible endurance for his age and this quality (Pascal too... the Russian is disappeared :erm ) gives to him all the time to set and reset his hands where he feels weaker the other's hand/wrist/arm.

I Think a good Side Hit with a wrist flexed(as Florian wrote) like Rustam is able to, goes to the point, it opens Biceps,pectoral,dorsal chains BEFORE they can contract them or BEFORE they drop their body.

George/Pascal Pulls are not "fair" pulls this is natural but what can we say something...?? Pascal is one of the most Hookers Stopper in the World and for our sport is a QUALITY not a bad habit :bow