Attention Us Contest Promoters

EricMilfeld

Paul and I will be running a grip challenge at The Ronnie Coleman Classic on the tenth and would like to have fliers to pass out with contact information for grip contests, etc. If you wouldn't mind helping us out just post with your contact info, contest name, website, etc. The main reason we are doing the challenge is to promote grip as a sport. Thanks.

Excellent! Thanks, Bob.

seventyone7615@yahoo.com

I've been lazy as of late, but I'm planning to have my comp again in August. I'll get the details up this weekend.

Eric-

you can use my email, and the date OCT 9 for the BBB, but it'll either be here like before or in TN, won't know for sure for a couple months. Thanks-

John

Guest Bullitt

Mike Rinderle mrinderlefma@yahoo.com

Capitol Grip Cup

Saturday, May 8th, 2010

9:00 AM registration start. 10:00 AM contest start.

Balance Gym

@ Thomas Circle

1111 14th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20005

The 5th Annual Gripmas Carol Grip Strength Contest

Crooksville, Ohio 43731

Events and details: to be announced

December 4th, 2010

Open, Lightweight, and Women’s Classes

Inquiries may be sent to gripmas2008@gmail.com

Paul and I will be running a grip challenge at The Ronnie Coleman Classic on the tenth and would like to have fliers to pass out with contact information for grip contests, etc. If you wouldn't mind helping us out just post with your contact info, contest name, website, etc. The main reason we are doing the challenge is to promote grip as a sport. Thanks.

Eric and Paul - you guys can feel free to put the Gripper Superstore URL on the flyer if it fits with what you are doing. Thanks.

Wade

First off, thanks for the help, guys!

Paul and I had a blast today with our grip challenge, as did a large number of the attendees. Travis Ortmayer was kind enough to humor us with an attempt of the Inch. His best today after several tries was several inches. He made up for it by going on to deadlift 800 pounds, raw, later in the day! I think it was two or three guys that actually completed a full deadlift with the dumbbell. And no one was able to complete the entire grip challenge, which, in addition to the Inch, included a 225 pound 2" v-bar, The Blob (no one completed a full pull, unless you count the guy that grabbed it while seated and picked it up like a toy because his back was injured!), 200 on the Euro (I think only one managed it), a #3.5 gripper (only Paul shut this gripper), a 45 pound plate hub with 10 additional pounds, and a St. Croix Ultra Lite #2 horseshoe to be bent bare handed.

And I also got to meet Big Nasty from the board, who was down for the armwrestling competition. Very cool! The freak he was down with was a show unto himself (can't remember his name). He pulled the Inch using almost all wrist, it appeared. His hands were very thick! I heard he chops wood for a living and works on cars a lot. So there ya go. I could be wrong, but he may have been the one get to get the Euro, too.

Anyways, it was fun being able to sit and watch big huge guys get humbled by small metal objects. :laugh

First off, thanks for the help, guys!

Paul and I had a blast today with our grip challenge, as did a large number of the attendees. Travis Ortmayer was kind enough to humor us with an attempt of the Inch. His best today after several tries was several inches. He made up for it by going on to deadlift 800 pounds, raw, later in the day! I think it was two or three guys that actually completed a full deadlift with the dumbbell. And no one was able to complete the entire grip challenge, which, in addition to the Inch, included a 225 pound 2" v-bar, The Blob (no one completed a full pull, unless you count the guy that grabbed it while seated and picked it up like a toy because his back was injured!), 200 on the Euro (I think only one managed it), a #3.5 gripper (only Paul shut this gripper), a 45 pound plate hub with 10 additional pounds, and a St. Croix Ultra Lite #2 horseshoe to be bent bare handed.

And I also got to meet Big Nasty from the board, who was down for the armwrestling competition. Very cool! The freak he was down with was a show unto himself (can't remember his name). He pulled the Inch using almost all wrist, it appeared. His hands were very thick! I heard he chops wood for a living and works on cars a lot. So there ya go. I could be wrong, but he may have been the one get to get the Euro, too.

Anyways, it was fun being able to sit and watch big huge guys get humbled by small metal objects. :laugh

My guess would be that's Mark Nutch(sp?). Big Nasty told me "he's the best armwrestler you've never heared of". Never met him but I've heard a lot of stories about him from the KC guys.

My guess would be that's Mark Nutch(sp?). Big Nasty told me "he's the best armwrestler you've never heared of". Never met him but I've heard a lot of stories about him from the KC guys.

Mark was a beast .. I think he only lost one match if I remember correctly.

in the video he didn't get the inch to full lockout but he locked it out completlely a couple times when I wasn't filming

I drove over too late to see any but the very last of the strongman and PL comps so most of my time was spent around the grip booth. It was great watching Eric and Paul show the crowd how it was done. smile.gif Paul might grab the blob or hub the 45(+) plate, then maybe Eric would lift the Euro and hang out with it for a while (think Paul got that in the video)...etc. etc. whistling.gif (I don't know how many times they demonstrated the lifts/closes just the little time I was there!) Reminded me of midway games at fairs when the carnie would show the crowd how "easy" it was before letting them have a go. No tricks here though.

I happened to speak with a few people that walked up to watch and all were really intrigued by what was going on. I thought Eric and Paul were very successful in promoting grip strength.