Coc's Versus The Rest.

ninja64x

i know the CoC's are recognised as the "official" standard in the gripper world. now i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. the most recent quote i got is = CoC's = $19.95. Beefbuilders= $21.95. Barabans=$24.95. FBBC= $29.95. Mash Monster=$46.95. any thoughts?????????

I have some of each of the brands you listed there, and they are all excellent quality. My personal favorite is the BeefBuilders, because they have the sharpest knurling of any grippers I have tried. The RB's and CoC's are great quality and very nice looking grippers, and the FBBC's are available with a vast array of different custom options. In my opinion, a good setup would include some grippers from all four of the above mentioned brands.

i know the CoC's are recognised as the "official" standard in the gripper world. now i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. the most recent quote i got is = CoC's = $19.95. Beefbuilders= $21.95. Barabans=$24.95. FBBC= $29.95. Mash Monster=$46.95. any thoughts?????????

My thoughts? Why are you posting in MMG Level 5 Certifications ? That'd would be my main one! ;)laugh.gif

My thoughts? Why are you posting in MMG Level 5 Certifications ? That'd would be my main one! ;)laugh.gif

it wasn't a hard question, this a forum about grip strength. i asked for thoughts on the quality versus price.

I would say your best bet is to go with what ever level you are up for next? There is a list somewhere

Rico

I like Beef Builder's the most, because of their knurling.

The best looking are RBs in my opinion.

Beefbuilders are the best, IMO.

Seems you're kinda confused about the Mash Monsters replicas. All they are are Beefbuilders made to the same specs as the 6 Mash Monster certification grippers (which are also beefbuilders, actually). That's why they're so much more expensive than the other beefbuilders. They're custom made.

MM1 = BBE spring @ 1/4" mount

MM2 = BBE spring @ 3/16" mount

MM3 = BBSE spring @ 1/4" mount

MM4 = BBSE spring @ 3/16" mount

MM5 = BBGE spring @ 1/4" mount

MM6 = BBGE spring @ 3/16" mount

Edited by Magnus

Seems you're kinda confused about the Mash Monsters replicas. All they are are Beefbuilders made to the same specs as the 6 Mash Monster certification grippers (which are also beefbuilders, actually). That's why they're so much more expensive than the other beefbuilders. They're custom made.

MM6 = BBGE spring @ 3/16" mount

MM6 = BBGE spring @ 3/16" mount good man, Magnus. i learned something new today. didn't know BB's were the same as the mash monster. thank you.

If I were starting my gripper collection over again it'd be all Beefbuilder skinny handles for the right hand and RB left handed narrows for the left.

I prefer BB grippers over my IM and RB's.

Nothing wrong with the quality of all 3 brands . . . . it's just that I've developed masochistic tendancies as a result of the wicked knurling.

Another point to consider is the available strengths (and overlaps) of each brand. BB's have the ranges that are hard to beat.