Mgc

paul valpreda

Devon Larratt :mosher

I didn't get to watch it but I heard Perron gave Brzenk a nice little match! To the Raker's Haters: Brent over Mike S. RH...whaaaaat! I like both these guys but when Brent lost to him at the Arnolds it was as if his last six national titles were all a fluke.

Brent did not get beaten by Mike at the Arnold - Bill Logsdon beat Brent twice, Selearis beat Bill twice. I think Bill's rotator is stronger than Mike's and that's why he was able to take Brent's hand, but Mike wasn't. I'm really not that surprised, I thought Mike would win but wasn't sure.

Biggest surprise for me was how much trouble Sylvain Perron and Marcio gave John right handed. Wow. So is Marcio about even with Arsen right now? They are both very quick. I'd like to see that match-up at 220.

As for Gary Goodridge - he's certainly strong but nowhere near what he was 15 years ago yet. Devon ran through him pretty easily and Gary got the jump on Rick Heidebrecht, but Rick caught him, took his hand, and brought him near the pad, Gary tried coming back but with his wrist gone he couldn't. Ryan Espey told me at the Arnold that he heard Gary was having trouble beating Earl Wilson at practice, so I wasn't too surprised.

Devon's hook war with Earl Wilson surprised me. That was close! Devon beat Travis pretty easily after catching him right above the pad. Travis flashed Earl and then fouled out to Devon. I think Don Underwood would beat Travis right now, cause after catching Travis, Devon won easily, but after catching Don, Devon still was having trouble with him (their first match at the Arnold).

And what's going on with Tim Bresnan? He went through Earl Wilson 4-0 easily in October (Earl and Devon have a hook war yesterday) and he ran through Ryan Espey 4-0 in February (who Devon fouled out to at the Arnold). I would have liked to see Tim Bresnan at the MGC.

Jerry Cadorette tried to go but didn't make it across the border. :unsure

Some info we learned from Jodi Larratt (Devon's wife): Devon at his heaviest was 255 lbs. and that was a year, or maybe two years ago. She said he weighs 230 now! He lost 25 lbs in 1-2 years! And he seriously considered going to 220 for the MGC. Those are Jodi's words.

Check out this video, I recorded John Brzenk talking to us / answering our questions on the live feed (he answered more before I started recording):

Edited by Josh H

Brent did not get beaten by Mike at the Arnold - Bill Logsdon beat Brent twice, Selearis beat Bill twice. I think Bill's rotator is stronger than Mike's and that's why he was able to take Brent's hand, but Mike wasn't. I'm really not that surprised, I thought Mike would win but wasn't sure.

Really? I thought he did but I don't have ArmTv so I'm sure you're right. However, Raker haters are quick to point out that he lost to Bill, "a nobody" (LMAO!) and Selearis made quick work of Bill so imagine what he would have done to Brent LOL. I talked to Don at the Arnolds and he told me Bill just got outsmarted with Mike. He got mobbed by some other pullers so I didn't get a chance to ask him what he meant but I wouldn't be surprised if Bill gets one from Mike next time they pull.

Edited by jad

Really? I thought he did but I don't have ArmTv so I'm sure you're right. However, Raker haters are quick to point out that he lost to Bill, "a nobody" (LMAO!) and Selearis made quick work of Bill so imagine what he would have done to Brent LOL. I talked to Don at the Arnolds and he told me Bill just got outsmarted with Mike. He got mobbed by some other pullers so I didn't get a chance to ask him what he meant but I wouldn't be surprised if Bill gets one from Mike next time they pull.

It could all depend on styles, too - maybe at the Arnold, if Mike has beaten Bill first, and then Brent beat Mike, Brent would have won the whole thing. Bill has definitely came along ways in the last 2 years.

Edited by Josh H