Craig Call..blob Artist?

1stCoC

We were delighted to host the throwing team for Ashland College coached by world famous Olympian Jud Logan. About 25 strength hungry throwers got the grand tour. One standout Craig Call a grip guy of 1 year, 20 years old, 250 lb. Had a set of very mighty mitts. His 8.25 " hand with a huge span of 10 5/8 hauled up the Original Blob 52.5 that resides here at Sorinex. The room was filled with team onlookers and a proud coach Logan. He hauled it up several times with his "weak" hand saving his huge right arm for throwing competition tomorrow. Congrats to one of the very few men in history to lift this chunk of iron.RS

Craig is one strong dude! I have seen him in action before.

Awesome Craig!

I found out later in conversation that he came very close to certing on the #3 @ age 19. I let him try the old Silver crush gripper and the P4 as well so he could compare for himself to a modern #3 implement. Since he stays busy with track his #3 cert might be a little delayed but this is one very strong young man.I think we will hear a lot more about him. It is a good chance he and some of his team might make it back for Summer Strong 3 in June.RS

Craig's a natural - he just needs to get himself to a proper contest and show his stuff.

WOW!

Good job Craig!!!

Hey Thanks a lot everyone, and a huge thanks to Richard for letting me try out his original blob. The team and I had a great time at the Sorinex compound, just the history on the walls is amazing in itself not to mention the state of the art equipment filling the place. It was almost surreal for me to be sitting in a chair across from Richard Sorin talking grip and other sorts of strength events, his knowledge is overwhelming and it was a great experience for me. I was very happy to lift the original blob a few times and another blob or two. I am definitely going to try and make my way back to Sorinex this summer, maybe with a thrower buddy of mine or two. Anyhow, I'd like to thank Bert and Richard again for showing us around the facilities and giving us some history and great stories as well.