#3 Closed!

Martin Gaisser

I just closed my #3 for the first time ever today!!! Did the KTA program then waited one week with no grip training at all and made about 5 attempts left and right handed with a couple minutes rest in between. Got it with the right hand 3 out of 5 and with the left hand 1 out of 5. Did it with a set between MMS and CCS. Did one attempt at the CCS with the right hand and didn't get it but I feel I will get it in the very near future. Going to take one more week off to see what my best recovery time is then back to training. One thing I have noticed and wanted to see if someone could help me with this. Sometimes when using my left hand I pinch my hand between the very ends of the gripper. I have also noticed that the thumb base on my left hand is alot stronger than my right so I'm guessing I'm doing something funny with my set.

Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling to finally close that bastardmosher.gif

congrats. Get it on video, send it to Bill via email and get that title changed from newbie to Mash monster level 0.

I just closed my #3 for the first time ever today!!! Did the KTA program then waited one week with no grip training at all and made about 5 attempts left and right handed with a couple minutes rest in between. Got it with the right hand 3 out of 5 and with the left hand 1 out of 5. Did it with a set between MMS and CCS. Did one attempt at the CCS with the right hand and didn't get it but I feel I will get it in the very near future. Going to take one more week off to see what my best recovery time is then back to training. One thing I have noticed and wanted to see if someone could help me with this. Sometimes when using my left hand I pinch my hand between the very ends of the gripper. I have also noticed that the thumb base on my left hand is alot stronger than my right so I'm guessing I'm doing something funny with my set.

Congrats! How long did you train before closing the #3?

Not just KTA but from the time you set out in your mind to close

the #3. How long? Any grip work prior to this feat?

Thanks

Congrats! How long did you train before closing the #3?

Not just KTA but from the time you set out in your mind to close

the #3. How long? Any grip work prior to this feat?

Thanks

I bought a #1 and #2 about 13 years ago. Closed the #2 both hands day I got it. At first just tried to close it all the time, didn't know what I was doing but still gained some strength. Bought a #3 a few months later and couldn't close it. I never trained for more than a month at a time before giving up because I couldn't get any big results. Up to about a year ago I hadn't touched grippers in about 7 years other than just once in a while pulling them out to let one of my friends try to close them. About a year ago I got into some bending for about four months and started training with my grippers about the last month of that and worked up to 22 reps with my right hand but still not able to close my #3. Gave up again until the end of last year when I joined this site and heard about the KTA program and decided I would give it a try before giving up for good. Man am I glad I found this site!! So other than the bending and grippers that's all I've done. Now I'm so pumped you'll have to pry these things out of my dead hand!!!

Congrats! I noticed my left thumb got a helluva lot stronger than the right after KTA as well. Must be from setting the heavier grippers in the right hand.

Thanks everbody, Started KTA again today going for the COC cert!

Best of luck Man ! Enjoy the pain of the KTA !! :mosher

Congrats! A great achievement! Maybe starting KTA soon myself, i closed the #3 once a while ago, but since then,

I never seem to get it closed again! Still missing it at 1 mm... That´s very frustrating, because my trainingroutine since then consists of doing some max efforts. That doesn´t do my strength growth any good. Anyone experience with this?

Sorry by the way for talking about myself :blush Enjoy your trainingresult!

Edited by Geralt

Way to go Martin!!! I'm sure you'll get that certification if you don't give up. Keep asking and following the advice of the gripboard and you'll do fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats man! I just joined the board and it's nice to hear people are as enthused about this as I am. I also closed the #3 for the first time today too! Credit card set. Keep it up man, go for that 3.5!

• 3 weeks later...

well done martin best of luck for the cert