World Of Grip International Strong Hands Series

andurniat

no, if you go to the site in question it has a list of countries involved with promoters listed. There is currently running a uk only one, but it is to be followed later in the year with an international series

no, if you go to the site in question it has a list of countries involved with promoters listed. There is currently running a uk only one, but it is to be followed later in the year with an international series

Exactly. Hence the use of the word 'international' (Barbe!!).

Exactly. Hence the use of the word 'international' (Barbe!!).

my bad. I will have to keep an eye open.

brent

I don't have all the details yet but its a very cool format. Let's say for example we end up with ten contests all over the globe - all held on the same day. Let's say 6 people show up at each one. When the dust settles - we will have had 60 people do the same events as if they were all under one roof - in a way letting us compete internationally. Hopefully enough promoters will offer contests that driving and expenses etc will be minimized and we can have a good turnout. I'll let David explain further - at least this is what I am understanding so far. I like it!

David doesn't post here so... sufficient to say that the lifts would be ones most promoters will have equipment for. As per a suggestion of one of the guys lifting here in Gloucester on Saturday (leg 3) it might be an idea to keep the results of those events taking place in earlier time zones to those later quiet. That way no advantage could be gained knowing what's been lifted. Indeed we've started after Stafford the last 3 times and I only call David when we're done to see what's what.

Sounds neat. I'd love to compete in one of these.

I'll post up a list of those contacted and those who have said they're in tomorrow. It's nearly finalized.

I'll post up a list of those contacted and those who have said they're in tomorrow. It's nearly finalized.

Below is the most up-to-date list as is (there may be some last minute changes):

England

Me confirmed

Steve Gardener confirmed

Scotland

Mike Daly confirmed

Germany

Thosten Moser Discussing

Sweden

Martin Arildsson (Arne Persson) Discussing

Finland

Juha Harju confirmed

Spain

Jose Jara Discussing

Switzerland

David Hurzeler Will possibly run it next year

Australia

James Grahame Discussing

Nick McKinless confirmed

USA

Chris Rice confirmed

Dave Thornton confirmed

Wade Gillingham Declined for this year - can't commit to running 4 shows this year

Eric Milfeld confirmed

Chad Woodall Declined for this year

Jedd Johnson confirmed

Richard Sorin Discussing

Adam T. Glass confirmed

Wow! Gonna be the largest Grip Competition ever!

Excellent.

Thank you Steve and thank you to all the hosts. :mosher :mosher

I'm just the messenger. My names on the list because I've been holding the Gloucester comps (3 thus far). I'll be a host/promoter like the others listed.

You need to be an active BHSA member. There was also a suggestion re fees soon but this will be minimal (probably £2.00 or so per comp).

Nope. Just check recent results for like comparisons (contest section). Best lowest effort was about 70kg (maybe less) and best top effort (mine ha ha) was 111+kg on the 2HP. It may prevent you competing in the Euros or the US nationals if they get the issue of qualifying resolved but not, as yet, in the series. The series is all about getting as many to lift as possible.