Age Versus Grip

ninja64x

kind of embarassing. i'm only using HG grippers. only a month. met a friend of mine in the bar, small local comp, handshake. i lost. only made me go home, and train even more.

Haha, i know.. some of the old guys have sick grip strength. But most people have the least strength in the inner range so the find it very hard to CLOSE the grippers. i can close the 2.5, but my handshake is only slightly above average.

Haha, i know.. some of the old guys have sick grip strength. But most people have the least strength in the inner range so the find it very hard to CLOSE the grippers. i can close the 2.5, but my handshake is only slightly above average.

i reckon so. i'll give it another 8 or 12 months, then say nothing, might meet this fella again and think of some excuse to shakehands. hope to put the smile on the other side of his face!!!!!!!!!!

i alwaysd thought closing the two or2.5 would help with the handshake. but, i guess not. some guys hands are just naturally hard. feel like your shaking hands with a 2 by 4. especially the guys that have been working with their hands forever. like mechanics, carpenter etc.

I go to church with this older gentleman and he's like 7'1" and probably 450-500lb and when you shake hands with him you can only like put your hand into his, my fingers don't even extend past the palm of his hand and I have 8" hands.

Believe it or not, the best way to get a strong handshake from what I've found is being able to mix the strength of crushing grip, pinch grip, and wrist strength, both dynamic and static, find ways to use them together. Grippers will help with that, but surprisingly, so will something like pinch lifting two 45s, or even doing real world stuff. This may sound silly and even childish but, wanna help build a great grip strength overall? Build a snowpile every winter. Let's put it this way, I've worked on building one for fun every year and haven't lost an arm wrestling competition to anyone except my one brother for over a dozen years.

I've closed #3.5, done rafter pullups, teared cards and phonebooks, almost lifted the blob etc.. And still having maybe a bit above average handshake. That is very unique movement. More important factor here is how big is his hand and how well you get your hand on your "enemy" hand.

In my opinion, handshaking with blood taste on your mouth, is just stupid.

But yes, crippers is just a little bit for getting strong hands. If i have to choose one tool for grip, i don't definetly choose any gripper.

Edited by Koura

kind of embarassing. i'm only using HG grippers. only a month. met a friend of mine in the bar, small local comp, handshake. i lost. only made me go home, and train even more.

its normal, try with old-timer boxer, even 60-70 y.old

now people (today's people) (me too) are sticky and flacid,

becouse most of old-timers worked hard when was teenagers,

and only strongest of them trained boxing (and most did it for leaving, not as hobby),

.....but now as young we must learn not work...so compete rather with u age