Heavy Grippers V Captains Of Crush

ninja64x

dave here , ireland. i suppose if a fella could close the heavy gripper 300 , he would have a fair chance of closing the CoC #3 ?? would that be a fair assumption??

My HG300 is only a bit tougher than my 2.5.

My HG300 is only a bit tougher than my 2.5.

really? , i was only going by the numbers. i suppose they all vary. the CoC #3 says 280lbs. i guess i'll have to work harder. thanks.

My HG300 is barely harder than a #2.

ok, i was on that grippersuperstore site. they give their "own" ratings. said the hg300 was harder than the CoC #3 (280lbs). i wish they would make their minds up. i know the heavy grips are cheaper than most others, but they must improve grip strength somehow.

Grippers vary so much It's hard to tell unless you get a feel for both or calibrate it. 2 #3's can even feel different! My Fbbc3x feels as hard as an easy #3 for example.

Grippers vary so much It's hard to tell unless you get a feel for both or calibrate it. 2 #3's can even feel different! My Fbbc3x feels as hard as an easy #3 for example.

i hear you. so, a bloke could certify on a #3 today, then next week buy a new one (#3) and not close it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's true, I have a Grand Elite and a #4 that despite being known to be very similar grippers by nature in the final portion of the close, are actually very different. My Grand Elite, using my CoC grippers as the basis for my scale, is a mere 3.7 (either that or I've got a real bear of a #4). But that's good, it'll give me a step towards the #4 that'll make the transition a little less of a struggle when I get there.

My HG300 is barely harder than a #2.

ok, i was on that grippersuperstore site. they give their "own" ratings. said the hg300 was harder than the CoC #3 (280lbs). i wish they would make their minds up. i know the heavy grips are cheaper than most others, but they must improve grip strength somehow.

Two things, HeavyGrips tend to vary a lot more than others and they tend to really naturally season down pretty fast by a giant margin.

That's true, I have a Grand Elite and a #4 that despite being known to be very similar grippers by nature in the final portion of the close, are actually very different. My Grand Elite, using my CoC grippers as the basis for my scale, is a mere 3.7 (either that or I've got a real bear of a #4). But that's good, it'll give me a step towards the #4 that'll make the transition a little less of a struggle when I get there.

its hard to win, i reckon i'll try to shut the HG350 first. i read somewhere, that the the average man has just about 115lbs in his grip. so even if the 350 is overrated , it's still a brave improvement.

its hard to win, i reckon i'll try to shut the HG350 first. i read somewhere, that the the average man has just about 115lbs in his grip. so even if the 350 is overrated , it's still a brave improvement.

Think of gripper ratings as pretend. Instead of HG350, they could have called it "The Warthog". Or whatever.

I've used and abused my set of Heavy Grips for years. They have been very useful.

Think of gripper ratings as pretend. Instead of HG350, they could have called it "The Warthog". Or whatever.

I've used and abused my set of Heavy Grips for years. They have been very useful.

i reckon so. anyway , can't go wrong for 10 euro each. was on to ironmind, they said not one person has certified on the #3 here in ireland. desperate state of affairs. i'm 45 now, so we'll have to see in a year or more.

The "ratings" are different between Coc's, Heavy grips, BeefBuilder, etc because the manufacturers choose to determine that strength "rating" at different points on the handle. Different leverage with different point of measure. The Heavy grips being the worst as they rate on a leverage point furthest up the handle. If you want to know how one compares to a different brand sight unseen, the most accurate way is using an RGC direct measurement for comparision.

- Aaron

The HG300 is definitely not equivalent to a #3.

I can close the HG300 anytime, yet the #3 still feels pretty hard.

I'd rate the HG300 right about a 2.7, as it was just about harder than my #2.5, yet didn't feel close to the #3.

Does anyone know how the HG350 feels? I'd expect it to be just about harder than a #3, or perhaps half way between the #3 and #3.5.

I'd rate the HG300 right about a 2.7, as it was just about harder than my #2.5, yet didn't feel close to the #3.

Does anyone know how the HG350 feels? I'd expect it to be just about harder than a #3, or perhaps half way between the #3 and #3.5.

That sounds similar to what I've found with my HG's. My HG300 feels like an easy #3, and my HG350 feels like a hard #3. The spreads on them are pretty narrow too.

That sounds similar to what I've found with my HG's. My HG300 feels like an easy #3, and my HG350 feels like a hard #3. The spreads on them are pretty narrow too.

I would say the HG300 is a hard #2.5, not really an easy #3. I actually own an easy #3 and it still doesn't feel that close to the HG300.

Whereas, anyone who owns a hard 3" spread #2.5 would say that the HG300 is just a tad more than that or even right about that.

I would assume a hard #3 is similiar in strength to a HG350. Does anyone know?

Danny, they are all over the place. All you can really do is try the actual grippers in question and compare them, or calibrate them.

I would say the HG300 is a hard #2.5, not really an easy #3. I actually own an easy #3 and it still doesn't feel that close to the HG300.

Whereas, anyone who owns a hard 3" spread #2.5 would say that the HG300 is just a tad more than that or even right about that.

I would assume a hard #3 is similiar in strength to a HG350. Does anyone know?

I was just sharing some information about what I've found with my own HG grippers. Thanks for setting me straight, though! :whacked

I thought I knew it all about heavygrips, but I was wrong.

HG300's and HG350's can go up to average #3 and average elite ratings, at least. You'll need to calibrate it or have someone who knows a thing or two squeeze it if you want to know where it stands.

Cannon is right.

My HG350 calibrated at 182lbs which is exactly what my #3.5 calibrated at.

my hg 300 is more difficult then my #3

that's good to hear. that's what the "grippersuperstore" online store says. i suppose they all vary. anyway you look at it , it's still a savage handshake to have!! thanks glen.