Mighty Mitts

hamil1km

Anyone know what time the Mighty Mitts portion of the Arnold take place today? I'm assuming we will have some gripboarders reporting back but im anxious to know how things go.

Anyone know what time the Mighty Mitts portion of the Arnold take place today? I'm assuming we will have some gripboarders reporting back but im anxious to know how things go.

The events will be held on Friday between 2-5 p.m. and on Saturday from 1:30-4 in the Columbus Convention Center’s Main Expo Hall main stage.

The events will be held on Friday between 2-5 p.m. and on Saturday from 1:30-4 in the Columbus Convention Center’s Main Expo Hall main stage.

Thanks Parris

The events will be held on Friday between 2-5 p.m. and on Saturday from 1:30-4 in the Columbus Convention Center's Main Expo Hall main stage.

Thanks Parris

:)

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty interesting there.

Day 1 went well.

I think Sorin and or his crew would like to be the one(s) to put up a writeup given the nature of the situation. That and I'm pooped currently.

I will say this:

Rich Williams=strong.

I'd also like to say, even as the Mighty Mitts comp is still going on, that the gripworld thanks you for making this possible Richard. It's a damned good show so far and I hope to see it again next year.

Zach, did you join an inner circle or something? What the hell are the results?

Zach, did you join an inner circle or something? What the hell are the results?

No such luck Bob. I had just gotten back after standing for 7 hours. I wanted to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

The anvil event was pretty dismal to be honest. Rich and Tex knocked this one out of the part and I think the anvil caught a number of our guys off-guard. Aside from Rich and Tex, the anvil only saw a few feet past the start line. The 500lb axle is a thing of beauty to be sure. I think everyone except Durniat, Jedd, Steve, and the Ukranian stand-in got a rep or more. I have to say the standards were not comparable to how we do this in competition, but this was a show, a single event exhibition with the purpose of making grip more interesting to people who had never seen or thought about it before. To that end, the rules were good and much improved in the showiness department. You were allowed to hitch, ramp, sumo, hopscotch, backflip, catch and release, etc the barbell to get it up. The clincher was that you had to show you had control over the bar for at least a split second at the top and not drop it. It made it possible for the crowd to get involved in the lifts when our guys had the bar on their knees trying to lock it out. So these wont be records strictly speaking, but it's a sure sign that 500lbs will be taken down in-comp this year. No doubt. All that being said, I believe Odd, Tex and Mark had some so-so reps while Rich Williams' reps were picture perfect for the first few reps. I can't remember any numbers, I wasn't really counting. I was too busy being floored by how easy Rich was making it look. I could see clearly that I was not alone as Richard was walking around in disbelief between Bert and Terry Todd.

Guest Bullitt

Rich & Tex got 1,2 in the inch farmer's walk. Rich walked 77'!!!!!!!!! :blink:ohmy

Anybody know what the world record was?

update: found in an old thread that Joel Sward did 72'9"

Edited by Bullitt

Rich & Tex got 1,2 in the inch farmer's walk. Rich walked 77'!!!!!!!!! :blink:ohmy

Anybody know what the world record was?

So they've done 1st and 2nd on the first 3 events??

According to this,

, the record was 48.8 by Joel Sward?? (Edit, just saw your edit about his 72'9"). That Sward guy seemed beastly with those dumbells. Edited by Arturo

Does anyone think there will be a list up with all the placeings or numbers? Id like to be able to compare myself to one of the guys my size. Rich and tex are about 2wice as big as me.

Rico

I got the info that Chad won the last event! Great job, bro!

Rich Williams is strong!

Did anyone lift the DB out of the box?

Did anyone lift the DB out of the box?

That's a negative. The bell stayed put

Thanks RB!

I predicted it would NOT leave the box on another

thread. ;)

Wish I could have made it.