The Show Of Hands Grip Cup V

EricMilfeld

Noon, Saturday, March 27th, 2010

In My Garage in Fort Worth, Texas

Entry Fee of $20 is Due by March 10th

Events in Order to be Contested

The EuroTex Challenge will commence first, but is an optional and separate event from The Show of Hands. Basically, this is a contest for guys to try and improve upon their current Top 50 Two Hands Pinch ranking. Three attempts will be given via the rounds system. Prizes include pats on the back: three for first, two for second, and one for third place.

This year's Show of Hands will consist entirely of timed hold events. :devil The toughest most stubborn gripster will reign supreme.

1) Two Hands Wooden Pinch Block

A 2.25" thick block loaded to 140 pounds (80 for women) will be held for time.

2) Left Hand Legacy Blob

The easier 50 pound Legacy (25 Blob + 5 pounds for women) will be held for time left handed.

3) Right Hand Legacy Blob

The easier 50 pound Legacy (25 Blob + 5 pounds for women) will be held for time right handed.

4) 2.5" Crusher

The FBBC revolving handle apparatus loaded to a total weight of 125 pounds (65 for women) will be held for time using the hand of the gripster's choice.

5) 2.75" Revolving Handle

Also held for time with the hand of the gripster's choice, but it must be performed with a thumbless grip. The total weight will be 95 pounds (50 for women).

6) #2 Gripper Strap Hold

A 1 pound plate will be held via strap by a parallel choked #2 gripper (Trainer for women) for time.

Scoring

The sum total time for all six events will determine the final placing.

Additional Notes

The gripster will be allowed a one-time five second period in which to call a "mis-grip" for each event. He will then be given thirty seconds to reposition his hand and break ground. The five second clock will start when the implement breaks ground.

Women will compete against the men using implements weighing 60% that of the mens'.

Pizza and beverages will be served. Trophies for the top three will be awarded.

Contestants

1) Tim Struse PAID

2) Ryan Johnson

3) Paul Knight

4) Eric Milfeld

5) Casey Emery

6) Kevin Emery

7) Mark DeSouza

8) Alex Graves

9) Sherrie Wheeler

With this format the contest should run rather quickly. The scoring will be simple and straightforward, making it easy at any time during the contest for the gripster to compare his current ranking to that of all the other competitors.

I thought I would try something different with a theme-based contest this year.

Oh, and Casey, we will be using your Legacy, by the way. :laugh

With this format the contest should run rather quickly. The scoring will be simple and straightforward, making it easy at any time during the contest for the gripster to compare his current ranking to that of all the other competitors.

I thought I would try something different with a theme-based contest this year.

Oh, and Casey, we will be using your Legacy, by the way. laughing.gif

Sounds like a different comp Eric, cool, but I don't own a legacy. blink.gif I think Paul has one tho.

Sounds freakin awesome! ... and yes it's my Legacy, you starting to get alzheimers old man? ... I'll let use use it as long as I can get an additional pat on the back according to whatever place I get.

Sounds freakin awesome! ... and yes it's my Legacy, you starting to get alzheimers old man? ... I'll let use use it as long as I can get an additional pat on the back according to whatever place I get.

:laugh Thanks, Frank! I mean, Paul.

Eric is bumping the date to March 27th as the 10th is the same day as the Ronnie Coleman classic ... so the contest will be held on Saturday MARCH 27th

Is the March 27 date firm? I'm going to try to make it.

Yes. I have the go ahead from the two Big Chiefs: Paul and my wife.

TWIBZ? Your just straight power?

Awesome!

I'm in the process of finding a new job. I will try to make it depending on work schedule.

I will start a competitor's list up top, so speak up if you intend to compete.

TWIBZ? Your just straight power?

Is there a Brazilian interpreter in the house?

After further experimentation I've tweaked the weights slightly on two implements to keep things a bit more proportionate. The two hands pinch is now 140 and the thumbless 2 3/4" handle is now 95 pounds.

Add me and Kev to the list please.

Add me and Kev to the list please.

Excellent!

Good news ladies: you may compete directly against the men using implements weighing roughly 60% of theirs.

This year's contest has what might be two firsts: a means for direct competition of the genders and events consisting entirely of holds for time.

Cool, Eric! I had just assumed I'd be out of this one. Hope this entices another woman or three to compete too! :)

I did a run-through of the events this morning, doing a few holds at each event at 90% effort. This comp design is brilliant and evil. Eric, you're a bad, bad man.

I did a run-through of the events this morning, doing a few holds at each event at 90% effort. This comp design is brilliant and evil. Eric, you're a bad, bad man.

Why, thank you. :laugh

Yea I will be there with the HKC.

I adjusted a couple of the weights for the women to compensate for hand size differences.

• 2 weeks later...

march 20th and I just saw the events...that leaves me a week to train. thats cool, I will still KPA

See you there.

march 20th and I just saw the events...that leaves me a week to train. thats cool, I will still KPA

See you there.

:laugh That's the spirit!