I Put A Nail Through A 2x4. Has This Been Done Befor?

theeperry

im 20 and put a nail through a 2x4. has any one seen this done befor? and apx how many pounds of pressure do you think it takes? heres my link to youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3BQezym5sMy link- nail through 2x4

Hmmm thats a pretty interesting way of doing it. I don't think I've seen that before and it seems to be pretty impressive. Usually people wind up and slam it through the wood in one hit. What kind of other hand strength feats can you perform?

I'd be interested in a couple other feats also. That hankerchef actually gives a pretty good amount of protection BUT you still got it through a 2x. I have never seen that before so i guess i would need to try it before i can honestly comment on how impressive it is.

Have you tried driving it thru a board with 1 shot?

While as a general feat of strength it seems reasonably impressive, to be perfectly honest I don't really see where any significant amount of grip strength comes in to this, the nail was being chest crushed through the board.

big jan - ive slammed nails through 1x8s but i seen alot of ppl do it also.

mike k - i can do 1 finger pullups

ap - this was apx 5 min

and thanks, my next goal is to do it under 1 min with out stabbin my hand

I've shot a nail through my finger once. Hurts really bad.

Rico

Wow. Thanks for my new sig, Rico, haha. :mosher

Partially the reason I'm afraid of bending when I was a kid I was climbing a cyclone fence and impaled both hands on the top when my foot slipped, still got the scars from that as well. Oh and just about cut off my middle finger about 12 years ago. That really sucked.

Rico

Yeah bet if the board cracked or something you would drive the nail right through your hand. Then again that's part of the fun.

I've shot a nail through my finger once. Hurts really bad.

Rico

I put a hammer through my finger once. Hurt real bad to.