First 60d - Check On Form

Buccos1

I bent my first 60D today. I bought a bunch of them from Ace Hardware and tried one last week and barely got it 20 degrees. It felt pretty good today but I lost my wrist tightness a couple of times. I've been working on getting it up higher under my chin and on shoulder flexibility. Any input here on my technique would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NreLYeEPgSY

I bent my first 60D today. I bought a bunch of them from Ace Hardware and tried one last week and barely got it 20 degrees. It felt pretty good today but I lost my wrist tightness a couple of times. I've been working on getting it up higher under my chin and on shoulder flexibility. Any input here on my technique would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NreLYeEPgSY

It's a good bend. But for DO I would recommend keeping the bar/hands on the chest. It's ok to "brace" your hands on the chest, even if it's called unbraced bending.

Unless off course if you don't want to brace in the spirit of making things harder.

Anyway you're showing some good progress, so keep it up

The closer you can keep it under your chin the better. Also try and hold your pressure of each hit a little longer. Good job, it gets easier and easier the more you bend. You will start finding the groove.

I will try hands against my chest more. (I thought I was brushing up against my chest but see on the video I was out in front more.) My shoulder flexibility is poor and I have to keep working at that. I have definitely noticed more power the higher/closer I get to my chin. Bending has been great! I am starting to look forward to this more than lifting!

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulder dislocates with rubber tubing really helped me :) I do them almost daily.

Try DU. Not being a jerk but my shoulders do not work with DO either...try DU or reverse.

I just started working in DO a month or so ago but am still training DU. I want to keep working and getting better at both.

Shoulder dislocates with rubber tubing really helped me :) I do them almost daily.

I'll have to give those a shot. Flexibility has been getting better the last couple of weeks.