Incorporateing Grip Work With Wendler's 5/3/1

StLRpH

I'm currently using 5/3/1 for my programming and training 4 days per week. Which days would you suggest that I add the grip work to? My main goals are centered around grippers and the Rolling Thunder. I would definitely say I'm a beginner with grip training as well. If I missed this while searching I apologize in advance.

Thanks,

I'd work grip with the Squat and Bench days for 5/3/1. I like the 5/3/1 program. Push yourself on the final set and you will see great gains.

I'm sorry but what is the 5/3/1 program about?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2976

Basically you have a day dedicated to each of the following lifts: Overhead press, Deadlift, Bench Pres and Squat. Your working weight is waved up each week for 3 weeks followed by a 1 week deload. The accessory work is largely undefined and up to you to decide. My current training has me doing:

Day 1-OH Press

Day 2-Deadlift

Day 3-off

Day 4-off

Day 5-Bench Press

Day 6-Squat

Day 7-off

I squat and bench on consectutive days. Would that still be effective?

please disregard this. I had a senior moment :(

Edit: to Clarify Schedule

Edited by StLRpH

Looking at your training week, I'd go with Squat and deadlift days. Probably go with high intensity low volume on squat day and high reps low intensity on DL day.

I have had good results using it for DO axle DL instead of regular DL. Otherwise I would agree with Andrew's assessment.

- Aaron

Thanks for the input. What's "DO" in "DO Axle DL"?

DO stands for Double Overhand. Much tougher than the typical mixed grip on DL and more grip centric