Thickhandled Kettlebells

razorsedge

how thick is thick? most k'bells have pretty chunky handles anyway.

i use thick handles on my DB's (2") and also have a 2" axle. BUT for me, k'bells give a different kind of workout for grip, much more dynamic.

you could always add tape, or a sleeve to an existing k'bell handle to increase diameter, if you like. i recall seeing this in a diesel crew article some time ago.

as a general rule: k'bells rule!

I would consider 2 inches thick. I know powermax handles are pretty thick, thicker than my wallet though, and all these other companies are out with KBs I figure someone would make wallet massaging( not deep tissue) thick handled KBs.

Max Trainer (PA) or Maximum Fitness and Nutrition made or still makes them, and they weren't expensive. I had several, most memorable was a 95# with a thick handle, came out to around 99#. Depending on the exercise, a handle too thick interferes with optimal wrist/forearm alignment in various positions. That 99# was ok though.

Wearing a pair of those cheap brown cotton gloves with your KB movements will fry your grip!

Wearing a pair of those cheap brown cotton gloves with your KB movements will fry your grip!

yep. I did a set of 100 KB snatches awhile back with welding gloves on and it was disturbing how much my hands were torched at the end.

- Aaron