Gripper Handle Spread

Martin Gaisser

I just got my 3rd IM #3 in the mail today and used it some in my workout. I have noticed that between the 3 grippers the wider the handle spread the harder the gripper is in the 3 that I have now. I was wondering if this is always the case? Also I was wondering who calibrates grippers and how much does it cost. By the way the spread on the 3 that I have is as follows (1) with 3 1/8" spread, (1) with 3" spread and (1)with 2 15/16 spread.

I just got my 3rd IM #3 in the mail today and used it some in my workout. I have noticed that between the 3 grippers the wider the handle spread the harder the gripper is in the 3 that I have now. I was wondering if this is always the case? Also I was wondering who calibrates grippers and how much does it cost. By the way the spread on the 3 that I have is as follows (1) with 3 1/8" spread, (1) with 3" spread and (1)with 2 15/16 spread.

The 2 7/8th" Spread on the #3's usually Calibrate at around 145 lbs.

The 3" Spread #3 is around 155 lbs (which is considered a hard #3) - usually the one that you will get for certification.

The 3 1/8" Spread #3 is most likely a defective gripper that was sent out from a batch of #3's & #3.5's that were accidentally manufactured with uneven handles (handles that don't meet perfectly at the close - one mounted slightly higher than the other - affecting the actual handle spread). Close this gripper with your other hand or your leg and you will notice this.

Just don't bring it up to IronMind's attention because they will blame you for it. Hahaha!

CoC's are very consistent grippers just some have the wider spread and others have the 2 7/8th" spread (which is the standard) and this can make the gripper vary in about 10 lbs or so on the RGC.

Edited by DannyGrip