Strap Holds Without A Gripper

Tou

Here's something I did yesterday :

Perform a strap hold but without a gripper. Use your thumb and your index. Pinch the strap between your thumb and your index. Lift it off the floor. I pulled 20 pounds to full deadlift and it was very tough. Then, I did some 10 seconds holds with 10 pounds. Very effective for the thumb.

Try it and tell me about it.

Tou,

Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a good way to train for some of those obscure lifts like the needle lift mentioned in MOHS.

I've been meaning to get around to buying a washer to do some narrow pinching with.

Jon@han

I like doing it with a knitt'n needle,I've done a 25lb.'er really easy.I used fish'n string with the needle.I havent done it for a while though.

"GOD IS THE REAL POWER" Tommy......

25lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:yikes

Wow, Gripper That's pretty cool, I haven't tried that lift myself yet either but it's one on my list of to do's.

So that 25lbs on a sewing needle...would that be for knitting heavy sweaters?! :stuart

Jon@han

Tou,

I tried some of these thumb/index finger pinches after my regular pinch grip workout tonight and they felt great. I got a good pump in the fleshy, base portion of my thumb! Thanks for the suggestion.