Dino Grip Challenge Update

bencrush

Is that your regular gym? R there many grip guys there that u workout with? It seems like an awsome place to train, they have everything I would want in a gym.

Parris

Not my regular gym, although I wish it was! I'm about 2.5 hours away so I can't make it down very often with my schedule. There aren't any guys there that specialize solely on grip. But there are some very strong guys who train strongman, Highland Games, etc, who also do some grip work to aid their sports.

I'm going to do my best to try everything I can after the comp is over. I can't wait. I still have an empty car if anyone wants a ride from Ohio. Driving down friday and coming home sunday.

Good to hear Andrew! There will be a lot of us goading you into trying all kinds of things. Al also has a York hub that has NEVER left the ground. And there have been some exceptional hublifters in his gym who've tried. None have budged it as far as I know.

If I could choose how I'd like to be built - this picture of Reeves would be awful close! I just did a 315# lift - it hurt but I think I could do more in a contest setting. No way 455 though - no way!

Are you allowed to use any 45# plates? I used my newer model Yorks - something without sharp edges would help.

Great job on the 315lb Reeves Deadlift Chris! That's a hell of a solid lift. You are allowed to use any 45s, as long as they're not the kind that have holes cut into them so they can be used as handles, lol.

I've always thought that Reeves had the ideal build too.