What's A Legit Rotator Lift, You Think?

astrojetred

Bigger picture:

http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=newsmore&id=1785#

Pretty sure that in Slowakia, they don't have lbs plates, but kg plates regulary. The 4 big plates are not from the same size, but different brands.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• astrojetred

• fightertrainer

• Schweinemann

• jad

Bigger picture:

Pretty sure that in Slowakia, they don't have lbs plates, but kg plates regulary. The 4 big plates are not from the same size, but different brands.

The caption say whether it's 95kg. So if big plate is 15kgx4=60 plus 10kgx3=30kg that = 90kg. Plus the rod in the middle. That is freaking heavy.

they kind of look like bumpers to me. Sic lift regardless. Do you guys skip looping it over your thumb like him or do you loop like Devon?

Bigger picture:

The caption say whether it's 95kg. So if big plate is 15kgx4=60 plus 10kgx3=30kg that = 90kg. Plus the rod in the middle. That is freaking heavy.

The caption is about the weight class he'll pull in the world cup I think.

they kind of look like bumpers to me. Sic lift regardless. Do you guys skip looping it over your thumb like him or do you loop like Devon?

I 've tried using rope but it hurts like the devil when it's heavy. I think flat strap is better either way (weight distribution better). Around the thumb or to one side. His wrist was barely bent, that made it even more painful and harder. Amazing lock for sure.

• 1 month later...

just to let you guys know:

in my club we have exactly the same plates. The big ones are 10 kilos and the small ones are 5. so overall its 55kg =120 lbs if i didnt miscount. To lift 55 kilos with your rotator like that is pretty impressive in my book.

Edited by Schweinemann

I'm at 90lb now. Also, that pic could have been taken during a negative portion of the lift, so don't hold it legit unless it's a video.

I mean one pic he's supinated with a wrist strap, and the other pic hes not even in an aw position.

I think he's using the muscles he clearly strong with to lift the weight, rather then his rotator. Guys a beast.

Who knows though. Just look at John. Doesn't look like this guy, or have super muscles. But boy can he pull.

I'm at 90lb now. Also, that pic could have been taken during a negative portion of the lift, so don't hold it legit unless it's a video.

I mean one pic he's supinated with a wrist strap, and the other pic hes not even in an aw position.

I think he's using the muscles he clearly strong with to lift the weight, rather then his rotator. Guys a beast.

Who knows though. Just look at John. Doesn't look like this guy, or have super muscles. But boy can he pull.

actually you are right. Some people seem to make up crazy lifts that look beyond imaginable.

When i first saw Voevoda ripping a martial arts belt while 3 guys pulling it full force i had to laugh. Even a Voevoda wouldnt hold 3 people pulling with one arm, NO Way! Such hype videos are good to scare opponents or to create your own myth.

Anyway, Lubomir is a strong dude and 120 lbs are not out of this world. If you are at 90lbs. its not so far away, especially if you eat from the right food box! :rolleyes

But in the end, there are so many training champions who lift zillion tons, but lose on the table....time will tell.

Edited by Schweinemann

I don't take supps, if that's what you're implying. More likely you were speaking in general, though.

I don't even take vitamins.

Supps are too expensive, haha.

I don't take supps, if that's what you're implying. More likely you were speaking in general, though.

I don't even take vitamins.

Supps are too expensive, haha.

i didnt talk about you at all. Actually i meant Lubomir and the way he looks like. I just said that you, with 90 lbs, are on a really good level and not lightyears away from the Lubomir lift. Imagine you would "eat" the "right stuff", you might lift in the same league. And before i get any bad reaction, i dont accuse Lubomir of anything illegal, it was just a guess :cool

I know devons highest weight was 200lb the way I'm doing my lift. I hold myself to his standard, so I don't think it's that much weight.

I know devons highest weight was 200lb the way I'm doing my lift. I hold myself to his standard, so I don't think it's that much weight.

Im pretty sure, Devon didnt lift 200 pounds the style Lubormir did in that photo. I have seen the video where he talks about it, i think he said, that he did it with his arm on the table, but im not 100% sure...have to watch it again.

200 pounds rotator lift in Lubomirs way is for me impossible to imagine.

What is a legit rotators lift for a light weight puller (154/165 lbs.?) anybody know?

I think if your beginning anything over 50lb is a good start.

I had an awesome meet last night and it felt like my max was around 40lb, lol. I was sick, but didn't use it as an excuse. Only one person consistently beat me, and he's a beast. It was just a little defeating. Dominated everyone left, though. Just sucked cause I thought id be able to get his hook since the last time I pulled, but I was too weak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I havent really trained anything for aw until today ha. I tried the rotator lift like the vid above except my forearm was parallel to the ground and i rotated from palm facing ceiling to facing the wall. I could only do 60 pounds with this lift. Im about 165 pounds. This helps the top roll right?

I havent really trained anything for aw until today ha. I tried the rotator lift like the vid above except my forearm was parallel to the ground and i rotated from palm facing ceiling to facing the wall. I could only do 60 pounds with this lift. Im about 165 pounds. This helps the top roll right?

I wouldn't do ROM because you can do more weight in a winning position, then you could do in full ROM to winning position, and that is where you want to be strongest. You can also injure yourself in ROM on this type of stuff.

As for forearm, the more parallel it is to the ground, the more work your bicep is doing. Your rotator lift is limited to your bicep strength. And if your elbow is not dug into your hip, then your max lift is limited even more, and creeps further away from an actual table position.

If you have noone to train with, then do all those excercises. In case you have table time with sparring partners, just pull. Your rotator will be blown away. Those excersices never get me as sore as some hard toprolling matches - the differences is huge!

Hey Puller what exactly is rising strength? I tried searching to no avail. I understand cupping is working with a thick rotating bar. I use a regular thick bar DO that likes to rotate when i use enough weight haha does this count?

Rising is the back motion when swinging a hammer. One of the best ways to train this is to grab the two ends of a thick bath towel like a hammer, and let it fall toward over your nuckles. Hang weight at the other end, and do static lifts with it. Keep your wrist tight and strong in the neutral position, as if holding a hammer.

Edited by Puller