Question For Sybersnott

hublifter

Did I see a post a while back where you recommended that a guy get a BBE "TURNED DOWN" from Warren Tetting in order to get closer on his #3? If so, do you know if he still does custom work like that? Also, does turned down mean with the handles around 2 1/2" inches or so? Thanks for answering my questions.

What I meant in that post is that Tetting can make a gripper as close as you want... the handles are closer together. He does this by winding the spring down; the handles fit easier in your hand, and you don't have that to deal with a "wide" gripper.

A BBE like this is just as tough as a regular BBE at full closure. As far as I know, yes, he still does this kind of work (you tell him that you want this done, that's what makes it a custom gripper). I even had my two Tetting grippers calibrated by PDA, and they are just as tough or tougher than a IM #3. BTW, the gripper is about the same cost as a gripper from IronMind, so it's well within your budget! ;)

The only way is to write to him. Here's his address:

Warren Tetting

1063 West 7th Street

Saint Paul, MN 55102

Tell him who you are, and be sure to include your phone number so that he can call ya back. I do have his phone number, but I won't give it out here, since I respect the man's privacy. Just write to him and tell him you got his address from the GripBoard and that you're interested in custom made grippers. Good Luck!

Sybersnott, thanks for your response. You bring up an intersting point about the strength of the modified BBE being similar or stronger than an IM #3. Does that mean that if I got a BBM, turned down, it should be similar in strength to a regular Master? I assume that the only difference would be that it would now fit your hand better? Thanks.

It would only be similar AT FULL CLOSURE. Maybe not even then. Springs are different, and it might be easier than a Master. I use the word, "might" because when you get the gripper - only you will know for sure. I wanted a gripper that I could work on my "closes", and these grippers did just that; they are perfect for those with average to smaller than average hands. If ya have big ol' bear claws :ohmy don't bother getting the Tettings.

If you have the resources, get a BBM "turned down" and a BBE "turned down". You'll have lots of fun, and the grippers are a nice fit for your hands! ;)

Sybersnott, I certainly fit that "average to small sized hands" category. The Tetting custom grippers sound great for working the close. Thanks for your responses. :bow